Sponsored by:

Best porsche body shop in DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:22 PM
TripleInboard
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best porsche body shop in DFW?

I hate to make a post about this, but I need to find the best porsche body shop in Dallas. A truck backed into me going quite quickly, and pushed the front fender far enough in so that you can see almost all of the tread on the front tire, and it also pushed the door in where it meets the fender. I was even holding the horn down while this happened......... I was going to take it over to Park Place tomorrow to see what they think. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I would post pics but it is too sad to look at.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:31 AM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

Stuart's Paint and Body, 214-221-6999. They're on Plano Road in Dallas, about 2 miles off LBJ.

They do good work, but they're slow. They do all of Boardwalk Porsche's referrals, Ferraris and lots of high end cars.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with paul as my first choice. just slooooooow

GTI in Euless is very good also. I've used them 4 times over the past 3-4 years on my p-cars. the last was to remove rock chips on the boxster so they sprayed the whole front clip. a perfect job
German Technology Inc
1118 S Airport Cir # 120
Euless, TX 76040
(817) 540-0712
Old 08-23-2006, 07:20 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 142 Posts

Stuart's is the absolute best. But agree with Bob, very, very sloooooooow. Nobody does better work.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:08 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to say Stuart's until I started hearing bout some recent issues and I went to them to do a body conversion on my 79' S/C. Stuart's had no interest and gave me a rediculous price. About the same time, was when Ferrari of Dallas stopped going to them due to issues with a car that was sent over. The normally do good work, but they are not the best. After looking around, I chose to go to the same bodyshop that Ruf Autocentre uses for their conversions, Ferrari of Dallas uses for paint work and Lamborghini of Dallas uses for their detail and paint work: New Concept in Plano.

They recently did a 996 for Boardwalk Porsche with a similar incident as you've had and it looks perfect. The specialize on doing a lot of custom work, perfect the first time. The first time I heard of them was when one of my frieinds was finishing his 68' Camaro and had them do the paint work. I would recommend visiting them and checking them out. If you do go up there, the Silver 911 S/C with the perfectly lined up and trimmed new fiberglass is mine (yes it was a lot of work). It is your choice: you can go to someone who is good or you can go to the best. Don't take my word for it, call Hans or Wayne at Ruf, or Shaun as Boardwalk and find out who they use.

BTW, German Technology is the best for straightening cars. I had an "incident" at Hallett that every frame shop (even Dallas Frame and Alignment) told me they didn't think could be fixed. No problem for German Technology. Not only was every line on the car straight, but the outer body panels was so straight you could hardly tell (they banged out most of the dents)...and I only had them do the frame straightening.

Quick Reply: Best porsche body shop in DFW?