Sponsored by:

Aerokit drivability question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 07:22 PM
jw1977
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Aerokit drivability question

I really like the look of the factory aerokit. My question is how much does the rear wing block visibility? Does it make the rear window useless? Does the front spoiler scrape on the smallest dips in the road. I love the look but I don't want to regret it down the road.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Since I have no idea of where you live I can't tell you about how the front air dam will work for you. If you order the car outside the USA and are able to get the -20mm sport setup, it might be an issue.

Porsche is careful when designing these things to NOT impede your visibility. They are not there for looks,--they are highly effective particularly above 120 mph.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerokit

No blocking rear view. Lower lip will get curb rash if parking too close. Speed bumps have to be gone over slowly. Steep driveways also scrape the lip.

I've found that the GT3 lip is same size, but in a matte finish. Original replacements are primed and need to be painted.

Do as I'm doing, remove the original and go with the GT3 ones.

Deanski
Old 08-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem at all with rear wing...it is perfectly positioned from a visibility standpoint as you would expect. Front spoiler initially requires an extraordinary amount of attention to avoid the unavoidable scraping. Speed bumps and getting in/out of driveways require very slow angled approaches. Hitting a curb stop will wreck your day.

Getting the Aerokit and front spoiler in particular, like many other aspects of this very fine auto, may (depending on how you use the car) require a tradeoff between looks/performance and daily utility. I love it and would get it again in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: Aerokit drivability question