Sponsored by:

My PCM rebels

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:49 PM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy My PCM rebels

Still trying to get the 200 yard C2 on the road. Put in the phone SIM card today (yes, paid the 9.95 a month for extra line), it initialzed, worked for 10 minutes. I parked for an hour, when I came back and started it up, I got an error message that said "no NAV, no SAT, NO TEL". So I somehow lost my sat radio, navigation and phone at once. Then I drove it home (singing like American Idol with no backup) and let it sit for an hour, I get back in, start it up and everything is fine again. Error messages gone. WTF! Does any understand what is going on and can advise me on the fix? It's a brand new C2 2006 CAB, slightly hit by truck 200 yards after I pulled out of the dealer lot. No pics until I'm fully debugged and healed! Sat was dealer installed, was working fine before.

2006 C2 Camron Red
Biege int.
sport wart
bose
power seats
Sat
Phone 666 (appropriately numbered)
V1
Old 08-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me Too!

My sat system locked on one station, then after a brief stop, I got the message to order sat service call Sirius. Tried to have them re-send the activation to the unit, but it did not change. Parked the car, pull key out. Let sit for 20 minutes and try key again. Everything worked fine.

Damn if I can find out what is "hanging" the system. One day I'll have to put a fiber TDR on the ring to make sure the fiber was not damaged. It could just be a good cleaning of the fiber ends may resolve it as long as the fiber itself isOK.

If it's not fiber ring, then has to be software related to the sat unit. Same software as the Cayeene as far as I know.

Maybe heat related too.

Deanski
Old 08-18-2006, 02:53 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ctrl, Alt, Delete. ; )
Old 08-18-2006, 03:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
Damn if I can find out what is "hanging" the system.
Initialization S/W.
One day I'll have to put a fiber TDR on the ring to make sure the fiber was not damaged. It could just be a good cleaning of the fiber ends may resolve it as long as the fiber itself isOK.
An Optolyzer is the preferred tool for working on MOST, TDR really wont' tell you much at all.
http://www.oasis.de/files/networkana...22optolyzer%22
Maybe heat related too.
Perhaps (all MOST nodes are required to carry thermal measurement sensors and signal the headunit when the temp exceeds 85degC and then shut off), but such an error would be logged and accessed via PIWIS.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 102 Posts

It happened to me once in the last 7 months. Lost phone/nav. I turned off the car, waited 10 seconds, and then after restart, everything worked fine. I suppose like most computers, if it hits a glitch, just turn off power and restart (they must be using windows platform )
Old 08-19-2006, 12:21 AM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice. I am in big time heat in austin and I'm thinking it might be heat as well. If it was software, why wouldn't it repeat or effect everyone else that did the same install. Tomorrow I get her back on the road for official "delivery" . Will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to.

Quick Reply: My PCM rebels