Sponsored by:

Parking Brake Release Button Buzz

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 532 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Parking Brake Release Button Buzz

This will sound incredibly **** to some of you, but I suspect many of you will understand. My Parking Brake Release Button "buzzes" at speed. I can stop it simply by touching it, but eventually it always comes back - and it's annoying.
I've tried pushing the button laterally to realign it slightly inside the brake handle - and that does work, but only for a while. The buzz returns and the rutted freeways of Southern California bring it on bigtime.
Has anyone else got this (I hesitate to even call it a) problem? And, if so, how have you dealt with it. Anyone got any suggestions?
You can imagine how much I love my car if THIS is the one thing I'm bitching about.
This whole post may sound frivolous, but I'm serious. Really.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:32 PM
flash1034
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Mine does it too. Going to take it in when/if the warranty list gets longer.

Flash
Old 07-31-2006, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Leader
This will sound incredibly **** to some of you, but I suspect many of you will understand. My Parking Brake Release Button "buzzes" at speed. I can stop it simply by touching it, but eventually it always comes back - and it's annoying.
I've tried pushing the button laterally to realign it slightly inside the brake handle - and that does work, but only for a while. The buzz returns and the rutted freeways of Southern California bring it on bigtime.
Has anyone else got this (I hesitate to even call it a) problem? And, if so, how have you dealt with it. Anyone got any suggestions?
You can imagine how much I love my car if THIS is the one thing I'm bitching about.
This whole post may sound frivolous, but I'm serious. Really.
It's OK to have this addressed. Believe me, the button was not designed to buzz. The good news is you can replicate it and show the tech right where it's coming from and I'm sure they'll just replace it.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the same buzz but I never hear it as I roll with the windows down and the PSE set on LOUD.

Quick Reply: Parking Brake Release Button Buzz