Sponsored by:

OT: DON'T DRINK THE TEA!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 05:59 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts
Default OT: DON'T DRINK THE TEA!!!!!!

In my quest to watch my figure, I've been drinking tea rather than sodas over the years. Many of them are pretty good at the restaurants I frequent. The other day while flying back from a trip, I came across an article regarding restaurants and their poor attention to hygenic detail. One of the topics was tea and water. When a waiter freshens your glass, they pick up your glass and touch the pitcher to your glass to refill it. Well, I thought no one is that stupid. So over the next few days while out eating with clients, I noticed just that. Waiters and hired help putting the pitcher to my glass as they refill it. Well, I guess we're all kissing each other these days since we're drinking out of the same glass. Let's see, herpes, viruses and bacterial infections are all mobile thanks to our waiters and waitresses. I'm not the paranoid type until I read that article. Don't believe me, pay attention next time you go out to eat. Why bother washing the damn dishes?! What can you do?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meh the chances are so small
I went to a strip club last night and that was FAR less hygenic than the restraunt I came from.
Don't be such a *****.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

You better not use your hands to open any doors anywhere.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by riad
You better not use your hands to open any doors anywhere.
and brushinjg your teeth - big no no, when you flush the toilet bacteria gets stirred into the air!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:14 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
and brushinjg your teeth - big no no, when you flush the toilet bacteria gets stirred into the air!

Don't use the toilet bowl water. Try the sink for a change!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Here's my tea story. About 15 years ago I was living in NJ and commuting to NYC. I was constipated for some time and decided to try a gag gift that someone had given me: Smooth Move Tea. The instructions said to make the tea, go to bed, and wake up the next morning with a gentle Smooth Move.
Woke up the next morning,...nothing. Went to work: drove to the ferry, crossed the Hudson, took my bus to 57th street, and walked to the office. Worked all day,...nothing.
5:00 rolls around and I'm getting ready to head out.
BOOM the tea kicks in. It was not a smooth move,...what followed was about ten trips to the can over an hour. There was no end in sight. So, I packed my undies with lots of paper (just in case), walked to the bus, got to the ferry, crossed the river,...and sprinted to the can inside the terminal.
Fortunately, as they say in a shut out game, there were no runs on the way there. I managed to get home safely and threw the rest of the tea in the trash.
Been a devoted coffee drinker ever since.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
Mythbuster's busted that.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:11 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Coochas
Here's my tea story. About 15 years ago I was living in NJ and commuting to NYC. I was constipated for some time and decided to try a gag gift that someone had given me: Smooth Move Tea. The instructions said to make the tea, go to bed, and wake up the next morning with a gentle Smooth Move.
"Smooth Move", my ***... eh, Dave? I'm still laughing from that story - glad that things didn't come out when not expected... <g>
Old 07-23-2006, 12:23 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you a bubble boy?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Woke up the next morning,...nothing. Went to work: drove to the ferry, crossed the Hudson, took my bus to 57th street, and walked to the office. Worked all day,...nothing.
5:00 rolls around and I'm getting ready to head out.
BOOM the tea kicks in. It was not a smooth move,...what followed was about ten trips to the can over an hour. There was no end in sight. So, I packed my undies with lots of paper (just in case), walked to the bus, got to the ferry, crossed the river,...and sprinted to the can inside the terminal.
Fortunately, as they say in a shut out game, there were no runs on the way there. I managed to get home safely and threw the rest of the tea in the trash.
Been a devoted coffee drinker ever since.

Now THAT is some funny $hit, man.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 07-23-2006, 01:31 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

...Fortunately, as they say in a shut out game, there were no runs on the way there.
Thanks for the good laugh, Dave.

Your baseball line reminds me of that line that John Madden used to say at the end of the Krylon spray paint commercial on TV:

"No runs, no drips, no errors."
Old 07-23-2006, 01:42 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
In my quest to watch my figure...
Not too many guys put it that way. Most guys would say, "In my quest to watch my weight..." Or "I'm trying to lose some weight so I'm..." ...hmmm.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Don't use the toilet bowl water. Try the sink for a change!
Old 07-23-2006, 12:46 PM
TomFromCT
Instructor

Don't forget to never touch paper money. God knows where THAT has been and how many sick people have touched it.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:41 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

You know, I read where 85% of all cash contains a small percentage of cocaine when swab tested. I imagine some is used during drug deals and contaminates the rest during commingling. I used to have a co-worker that got a kick out of getting other people sick. He would sneeze over his cubicle and see who later got contaminated with his viruses. There's some sick people out there and I don't mean just sick. If I take few extra precautions and get one less cold, I consider it a success.

Quick Reply: OT: DON'T DRINK THE TEA!!!!!!