Sponsored by:

C2S SEARCH - WHERE?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Friday
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C2S SEARCH - WHERE?

I live in Washington State. I am wondering where is the best place to find new and used Porsche's. I am looking for an '06' preferably. Where is the best place to look - E-Bay, Trader, etc.?

Thanks for any info that you have.

Ron
Old 07-15-2006, 03:37 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday
I live in Washington State. I am wondering where is the best place to find new and used Porsche's. I am looking for an '06' preferably. Where is the best place to look - E-Bay, Trader, etc.?

Thanks for any info that you have.

Ron
I found mine on Ebay, but I would shop all the options out there till you find what you want. Ebay, Autotrader, Cars.com, and the PorscheUSA site. Be patient, and you will find exactly what you want. Good luck
Old 07-15-2006, 04:44 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

you can do a Porsche USA dealer search and check dealers stock.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Try Autotrader - lots of dealers advertise on that site. I found my '04 C4S there. Good luck - happy hunting!!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:44 AM
baileybonds
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Used 997 From Out of State

I'm also in the market for a used '05 997 S coupe, and am wondering how people's experiences have been buying used Porsches and having them shipped from out of state? (either via dealer or private party). I'm in Los Angeles, and the local used 997 S coupe inventory and dealer willingness to negotiate seem to be on the lower end of the national scale. Are there certain guidlelines to follow if purchasing a car out of state without seeing it firsthand? I have to admit that although I'm eager to get into the right 997S quickly, I do have a bit of trepidation about buying such an expensive used car without being able to check it out in person. Are there certain states or dealers to avoid? Are there certain delivery services that are a must? I know I just dropped a lot of questions on you guys, but any advice here would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:55 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by baileybonds
I'm also in the market for a used '05 997 S coupe, and am wondering how people's experiences have been buying used Porsches and having them shipped from out of state? (either via dealer or private party). I'm in Los Angeles, and the local used 997 S coupe inventory and dealer willingness to negotiate seem to be on the lower end of the national scale. Are there certain guidlelines to follow if purchasing a car out of state without seeing it firsthand? I have to admit that although I'm eager to get into the right 997S quickly, I do have a bit of trepidation about buying such an expensive used car without being able to check it out in person. Are there certain states or dealers to avoid? Are there certain delivery services that are a must? I know I just dropped a lot of questions on you guys, but any advice here would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I bought my last two cars (2000 Jag S-Type and my current 2004 C2) out of state but both were purchased just north of Atlanta, which is a 4-hour drive from my house. Consequently, I can't help with the shipping part of your question.

When you find a used car you really want, get a PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) done on the car by some one other than the dealer/individual who is selling the car. If the seller won't allow PPI, walk away! If you are buying from a Porsche dealer, still get a PPI done on the car. After you have negotiated the price, ask about CPO (Certified Pre Owned) warranty which extends warranty (with some limitations) to 6 years or 100,000 miles from ORIGINAL date of purchase of the car. Cost of the CPO should be in the $1,500 range.

Also, if you find a car you are interested in, post it here and ask if there is a fellow Rennlister who is local to the car that would be willing to check it out for you prior to ordering a PPI. I've seen this done quite a few times on the 996 Forum. Someone local to the car may also be able to give you the name of an independent shop to do the PPI, or you could use another Porsche dealership if there is a second one local to the car you want.

I hope this helps!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:00 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For new Porsches, I went (as larrytrk suggested) to the Porsche site and then went through all the dealers and checked their inventory. If you know what you want, its pretty easy to call up the dealer and see what their best deal is. The key is to get the exact milage, the exact cost, and if they include shipping, to make sure that it is enclosed. I got mine through the dealer in Austin and it went through smoothly.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:50 PM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try porsche.niello for new and used...if you want a name at the dealer in Sacramento, CA...let me know..They have treated me right on 3 911's

Quick Reply: C2S SEARCH - WHERE?