Sponsored by:

Anyone else on this Vessel??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Dro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else on this Vessel??

My 997s was put on Orion Hwy on 7/5. Anyone else on the same ship?
I cant seem to locate the ship on either the Panama Canal site or San Diego Port site. Any ideas where it is?

I am getting sooo anxious!! I am sure you all understand
Old 07-14-2006, 05:04 PM
MMA93
Intermediate

I was told by my dealer that I was on the same boat and was due at port in Brunswick, Ga. on 07/14 with a delivery in Austin, Texas on 7/21. I have a vessel schedule from VW Logistics but there is not a date for San Diego. The ship is scheduled to arrive in Brunswick, then Houston, then Veracruz and fron there it does not specify. Sorry I wish I could be of more help.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Dro
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMA93
I was told by my dealer that I was on the same boat and was due at port in Brunswick, Ga. on 07/14 with a delivery in Austin, Texas on 7/21. I have a vessel schedule from VW Logistics but there is not a date for San Diego. The ship is scheduled to arrive in Brunswick, then Houston, then Veracruz and fron there it does not specify. Sorry I wish I could be of more help.
hmmm...thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!
Old 07-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Beamer
Intermediate

Try this http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do
Old 07-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Dane k.
Instructor

If it has Mercedes on board,it will probably go into Long Beach before San Diego.....at least thats what my vessel did. Then I went down to L.B. and went aboard and found my new toy.It pays to have connections...Hee Hee...Got some fun Pics,but I don't know how to post them...computer dummy
Old 07-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Orion Highway....here is the latest. This was all over CNN this morning:

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 07-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Dro
Instructor

Not funny!!!!

ok...just a little.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:32 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car is also on that ship.

MC
Old 07-14-2006, 07:40 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane k.
...I went down to L.B. and went aboard and found my new toy. It pays to have connections...Hee Hee...Got some fun Pics,but I don't know how to post them...
Here you go, Dane.

And the vessel it came on:

Old 07-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

I'm pretty sure my car is on that boat as well... should have been offloaded at Brunswick GA.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Dro
Instructor

Originally Posted by H20NOO
My car is also on that ship.

MC
Do you have any updates, MC?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Very cool! Thanks for the pics!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:44 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dro
Do you have any updates, MC?
Yes, and I'm not quite sure whether to believe them but I'll throw it out there for all to chew on...

Spoke to my salesman yesterday. He confirmed that my car was on the ship, departed on 7/5 and was on its way. He then said the timing was unfortunate because ordinarily, the west coast vehicles go straight to the Panama Canal and on to San Diego. In this case, the vessel was loaded with cars destined for both coasts and made a b-line to Brunswick, GA.

The reason, he explained, is that Porsche's revenue recognition policy books sales revenue when the vehicle arrives at the distant port. The company is at the end of a sales period and wanted to get as many vehicles to a U.S. port before the revenue recognition close-out date. The vehicles destined for west coast delivery would have missed the date so they put them on an east coast bound ship headed to Brunswick.

He wouldn't provide a delivery date but the tone of his voice had me thinking 3-4 more weeks. I pressed him on it and he said they were working with Porsche North America's logistics people to have the vehicles (several destined for Carlsen Porshce) TRUCKED from Brunswick to California. He said that would only add about a week or so. He assured me all their vehicles are trucked in a covered carrier but I'm not a fan of a change in protocol.

Another poster indicated this particular ship isn't scheduled to go to the west coast so I wonder if they are going to truck all west coast bound cars from Georgia. That's what I know at this point. Take it for what it's worth.

MC
Old 07-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Dro
Instructor

Originally Posted by H20NOO
Yes, and I'm not quite sure whether to believe them but I'll throw it out there for all to chew on...

Spoke to my salesman yesterday. He confirmed that my car was on the ship, departed on 7/5 and was on its way. He then said the timing was unfortunate because ordinarily, the west coast vehicles go straight to the Panama Canal and on to San Diego. In this case, the vessel was loaded with cars destined for both coasts and made a b-line to Brunswick, GA.

The reason, he explained, is that Porsche's revenue recognition policy books sales revenue when the vehicle arrives at the distant port. The company is at the end of a sales period and wanted to get as many vehicles to a U.S. port before the revenue recognition close-out date. The vehicles destined for west coast delivery would have missed the date so they put them on an east coast bound ship headed to Brunswick.

He wouldn't provide a delivery date but the tone of his voice had me thinking 3-4 more weeks. I pressed him on it and he said they were working with Porsche North America's logistics people to have the vehicles (several destined for Carlsen Porshce) TRUCKED from Brunswick to California. He said that would only add about a week or so. He assured me all their vehicles are trucked in a covered carrier but I'm not a fan of a change in protocol.

Another poster indicated this particular ship isn't scheduled to go to the west coast so I wonder if they are going to truck all west coast bound cars from Georgia. That's what I know at this point. Take it for what it's worth.

MC
Screw that!! I dont want to share my boat with a bunch of East Coasters!!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:13 PM
MMA93
Intermediate

Spoke to shipping agent in Brunswick. The Orion Highway arrived at 6:30 AM and is being offloaded at this moment. Hopefully I will get my car by this weekend.

Quick Reply: Anyone else on this Vessel??