Sponsored by:

Clear lense side-markers

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clear lense side-markers

Does anyone own a speed yellow 997 with clear side-markers (pics please)? What looks best, clear or orange side-markers on the speed yellow?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:48 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Clear. My 2007 SY C2S isn't here yet, but the dealer said clear looks so much better he is buying them and installing them himself so I never have to see it with the ugly orange.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:07 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clear looks great on all cars. Less than $25 a pair from Eric at BumperPlugs. It's a 5 minute job to swap them.

I was at Napleton this am for a software upgrade (recall W610). I looked at an Arctic Silver C2S (same color as mine), and it had the orange factory markers... no comparison, IMHO.

Do it now! <g>

-don
Old 07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cvazquez
Does anyone own a speed yellow 997 with clear side-markers (pics please)? What looks best, clear or orange side-markers on the speed yellow?
Here you go

Old 07-07-2006, 01:45 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Thank you ALL so very much!

I placed my order with Sunsetimports after seeing THPorsches' pics! WOW she is beautiful!!!!!!

Got em for $22.60 plus shipping is extra... can't wait for the install.

You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:11 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Got the clear markers in yesterday... piece of cake, per side install it took me 30 seconds to pull the pumpkin color markers out by hand and place the new clear markers in. No need to follow the removal instructions on the owner’s manual. Just pry off the lens with your fingers and install reverse order. IMHO The clear markers on the speed yellow look great!

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:58 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Instuctions? We don't need no stinking instuctions!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Deven
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by cvazquez
Got the clear markers in yesterday... piece of cake, per side install it took me 30 seconds to pull the pumpkin color markers out by hand and place the new clear markers in. No need to follow the removal instructions on the owner’s manual. Just pry off the lens with your fingers and install reverse order. IMHO The clear markers on the speed yellow look great!

Thanks!
The only issue is that if ever you want to re-install the the yellow markers, you cannot as the clips are now perminantly bent and the lenses will not 'snap' back in (you may ask how do I know this?, well, like you, I just pryed out the original lenses but I decided that I wanted clear bulbs with the clear lenses, so I kept the bulbs from the yellow lenses, and replaced them with the yellow bulbs in the clear lenses. There was a thread not too long ago about keeping the yellow bulbs as it was illegal to have clear bulbs, so I decided to exchange the bulbs. The problem is that if you do not remove the side markers as directed in the manual the clip 'permanently bends' and then they do not 'snap back in'. As a result, the lens moves back and forth and the only solution is spending another $25 to get new lenses. I finally understood this after ruining both pairs (clear and yellow).

Quick Reply: Clear lense side-markers