Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of white on sea blue coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 07:03 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

That doesn't look like blue, but it looks great.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:30 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
That doesn't look like blue, but it looks great.
Ohsixx - don't take this the wrong way, 'cuz this comment is NOT directed at you or your pic. I don't think I have EVER seen a really good pic of a blue interior in a Porsche. There is something about the color variations on the different surfaces that you can't see in person but are very apparent in a photo. I am not sure if the lighting has a big impact on "washing out" the blue colors, but I have had difficulty getting good pic of blue interiors.

I have a Graphite Gray interior in my 996 but it has deviating Metropol Blue carpeting. I think I have been able to produce only one decent pic of the carpeting color. In most pics, if the carpet looks correct, then the gray leather looks too blue, or if the leather looks correct, then the carpet has a gray/blue hue.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:42 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelL
I am not partial to white cars, but a white 997S coupe with a cocoa interior at the dealership was very attractive. A blue interior should look good, but order the full leather. The standard sport seat backs and some steering wheel options have gray plastic, which will clash. Consider also leather door finishers, console and instrument panel options.
I second the white with cocoa leather!!

maybe its the fact that I have a white car but IMO we see more the lines of the car in light colors. Nothing more sexy then a white GT3
Old 07-06-2006, 11:21 PM
ringmeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got this C4 cab for the wife last month White with Sea Blue. I think it looks great and real classy.

Quick Reply: What do you think of white on sea blue coupe?