Need More Power??? 25 More Ponies

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need More Power??? 25 More Ponies

Hey Guys!

Glad we have had a huge success with the K&N intake. If you want the most power on your 997 the best combination is to add exhaust, headers, and tie it all together with a good ECU reflash. If you dont have the exhaust or headers, I highly recommend going with Fabspeed. The Fabspeed will run you $1095 shipped without tips and the headers $1295. Great sound, good HP gain as we have tested on our dyno. Here is the link to an Exhaust + Header dyno sheet we have done on a 996 with similar results from the gains -

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/i...6totaldyno.jpg

***HERE IS THE KEY***

Now that you have made good HP with the K&N intake and a good exhaust system, you need to tie in the parts together with a ECU reflash. Reflashing the ECU adjusts the factory fuel and timing trims. No soldering, nothing for dealers to see, and no overpriced costs from other softwares. If you have not heard of Upsolute, go there, www.upsolute.com. Vivid Racing is an authorized Upsolute tuner where we can flash your ECU on a MAIL IN or at our executive dyno facility.

The Upsolute Reflash is simple. We flash your ECU and gain you about 25 crank horsepower on your 3.6L or 3.8L 997. This includes all Carrera models!

How do you send your ECU to us to be flashed? Easy Remove the stock ECU from your car. Located behind the rear seats, pull back the carpet, unscrew the metal plates, turn it over and unplug your ECU box. Package it in bubble wrap and put it in a Fedex Overnight box to us. Once we receive it, we will FLASH your ECU and OVERNIGHT it back to you. If you have questions on how to remove it, or ship it to us, just call me toll free! 1-866-44-VIVID x222

ONLY $695
GET YOUR 997 25+ MORE Crank Horsepower!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:28 PM
German88
Track Day

What kind of gain would one expect on a 997S with X51 package by flashing the ECU?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:04 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Destruction - I wouldn't mess with it as for our X-51 engines I think we are more than good enough... Why risk messing up your torque range/band, etc.?

I put my faith with Porsche for an overall great package that comes with the X-51 kit...
Old 06-29-2006, 10:44 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No disrespect intended, but can you guaranty that your ECU flash will be undetectable to Porsche technicians if a potential warrantty claim is made concerning the engine?

I have researched this issue and thus far no one has been able to do that. I don't want to argue HP here, just clarification of the product.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

It amazes me how reluctant the NA guys are towards mods. Us turbo guys are mod ****** on the other hand. Most of us have suspension, exhaust and ECU mod w/ no warranty or other issues. Just look at the recent exhaust posts. Why all the negativity towards mods?
Old 06-29-2006, 12:35 PM
MMD
Banned

Apparently it's not enough HP to get excited about.

The non-S owners claim that amount of HP makes no difference when they compare their 997 to 997S.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:08 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Truble10
It amazes me how reluctant the NA guys are towards mods. Us turbo guys are mod ****** on the other hand. Most of us have suspension, exhaust and ECU mod w/ no warranty or other issues. Just look at the recent exhaust posts. Why all the negativity towards mods?
Oh, I'm not mod adverse at all. In fact I'm about to do some major re-engineering to my car that I'll post as soon as it's done and I've driven it.

But I bought a new DME to use with the mods, and the original can be re-instated for appropriate purposes
Old 06-29-2006, 01:17 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default yea this is a strange forum...

Some of the guys on here are like old women. I cant beleive they even own Porsche. One couldnt even own a E46 M3 without modding everything at the forum, here the guys are like..."nothing but Porsche is right"...

Any mod post will be hit with ample negativity.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:30 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Gee, if you're not comfortable here, you can fix that.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:39 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to own Corvettes. I modded them. They have miles of mod-ability. And the price per pound was right, too. $6000 for 100 / 100 extra. Now, that's a mod... 100 ft. lbs. torque extra.

After three or four years with the C4S that's coming I'll mod it with twin turbos... by trading it in for a twin turbo.

See, I like modding.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thinking about super charger
Old 06-29-2006, 01:47 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by robbonds
thinking about super charger
Me too. I went to the Rufautocenter site to look around. Only 80 ft. lbs. torque extra BUT the SC would give 100% power regardless of altitude.

That would be a worthy mod for a mountain dweller like me.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:48 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by black/terra
Some of the guys on here are like old women. I cant beleive they even own Porsche. One couldnt even own a E46 M3 without modding everything at the forum, here the guys are like..."nothing but Porsche is right"...

Any mod post will be hit with ample negativity.
Gee, maybe that's because:

There's almost no hp to be had by modding normally aspirated cars.
There are warranty issues.
We'd rather throw our money away on booze and women.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:52 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

if exhaust, headers and chip dont work - why is it that every board on the net whether it be vettes, bimmers, viper, merc civic et al are doing them...heck - i watched speed channel and they showed the hp and torque gains from doing simple exhaust and headers - we porsche owners arent the only ones - everyone is doing it! are we all that dumb?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:53 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by caf
Gee, maybe that's because:

There's almost no hp to be had by modding normally aspirated cars.
There are warranty issues.
We'd rather throw our money away on booze and women.
Booze and women.

Booze and women.

Booze and women.

Quick Reply: Need More Power??? 25 More Ponies