Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I miss something? PAG 997 kit now available?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
Now why would a dealer refuse to install the kit? Do they have access to the TIB on install? If not, several dealers have installed this kit. Your dealer may want to reach out to them for assistance.

Deanski
Don't know Deanski. It is definitely what I was told by the head service manager. They are the only game in town, and therefore when there is no competition, it's their way or the highway.

When I purchased the vehicle a few months ago, they negotiated the price, but barely. That is why I went out of town to purchase my car....a 7K savings from what Gaudin offered me.

I would prefer to have a dealership install the upgrade as opposed to an outside installer because of the possible warranty issues.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:42 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both XM and Sirius and Sirius is always dropping the signal. What the heck is that about? XM never loses its signal unless you're in a parking garage. I've heard that XM uses repeaters in the largest metropolitan areas to keep drop outs to a minimum. I don't know if that's fact though.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dariof
Don't know Deanski. It is definitely what I was told by the head service manager. They are the only game in town, and therefore when there is no competition, it's their way or the highway.

When I purchased the vehicle a few months ago, they negotiated the price, but barely. That is why I went out of town to purchase my car....a 7K savings from what Gaudin offered me.

I would prefer to have a dealership install the upgrade as opposed to an outside installer because of the possible warranty issues.
I agree with dealership install, but unless there's a bulletin from PAG or PNA saying that it is "approving" of the install, most dealers will not do it. Stupid on their part as it's money for them. So far I've not heard that Porsche has "approved" this install into a 997 and it still can be go at your own risk If they did not approve, there is no warranty.

My dealer did the install and you may want to se if you can come to some agreement with your dealer in that they contact Danbury Porsche ask for Jeff (service manager) in Danbury CT. My satellite unit is on top of the NAV unit on the right as you look from the front with trunk opened. Sure, the cables are long due to the Cayenne kit. But after they attached the laptop, programmed it, it works! A call to Sirius and now all channels came up.

Honestly, if it's not "approved" yet, then I'd get an outside firm that has done these to install it. Just order the kit from your dealer or online.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 06-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 140 Posts

"Through R&D, we found the Cayenne Satellite radio kits are compatible with any Porsche with PCM 2.1." From the website link above - It appears this IS a conversion or am I missing something?

Matt
Old 06-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
"Through R&D, we found the Cayenne Satellite radio kits are compatible with any Porsche with PCM 2.1." From the website link above - It appears this IS a conversion or am I missing something?

Matt
Good catch!

So PAG has NOT "approved" it yet. But it still works, and again you have to go at your own risk.

I'm sure one day we will see the satellite kit for a 997... hell they put those stupid cup holders in didn't they?

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: Did I miss something? PAG 997 kit now available?