Sponsored by:

GROUP BUY --PSE-- Who's interested??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006 | 08:24 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Is this at Brandywine?

Yes it is . I have ordered from them in the past .
Great people to work with and they know what they are doing .
Old 07-06-2006 | 08:42 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
That's not good enough. BTW, anyone who cares to get quotes, please leave the name of the dealer so we have something to use as a benchmark that must be beat. I say we go for twenty. If there are any nay sayers please speak now, otherwise let's let the thread ride. We're gaining momentum...

Also, negotiating installation probably isn't fair to the rest of the interested parties as we're all not in the same city. I propose we concentrate on the equipment given we're so dispursed and worry about installing later with our local dealers or mechanics. The eqpt is the big ticket item here. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Silversteel , I hope I did not give the impression that I was trying to hijack your thread . If so, it was certainly not my intention.

Since nobody had posted any prices so far, I thought I would just get the ball rolling .
What price have you got so far ?
Old 07-06-2006 | 10:10 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rolf Stumberger
Silversteel , I hope I did not give the impression that I was trying to hijack your thread . If so, it was certainly not my intention.

Since nobody had posted any prices so far, I thought I would just get the ball rolling .
What price have you got so far ?
I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be blunt. This is not my thread, it's everyone's--I'm a guest, and a grateful one. It would be wonderful if everyone would call their local dealer and see how much they'd sell us 20 and post it. That way we all know what everyone else is getting and can go with the best deal. This way no one can complain they could have gotten a better deal. Please, help along with everyone else so we all get the best deal possible. Again, I apologize.

We are getting some good numbers here I hope everyone can be patient enough for twenty as I am finding that is a magic number to every dealer. I'm skeptical we'll be given a discount code, but a mass one time purchase with no followers. So anyone wanting in, please weigh-in. Thanks guys-

I'll post my "preleminary" estimates for 20 units, which I plan to renegotiate as others post their prices.

Thank you everyone---
Old 07-06-2006 | 10:26 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

How do we negotiate the installation price with electrics, if some cars, like mine have sport chrono plus, while others do not?
Do we do a price for the kit and other prices for varied installations, eg. switch, no switch, extra switch?
Just a thought!
Old 07-06-2006 | 10:43 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by larrytrk
How do we negotiate the installation price with electrics, if some cars, like mine have sport chrono plus, while others do not?
Do we do a price for the kit and other prices for varied installations, eg. switch, no switch, extra switch?
Just a thought!
I will get back on this one as this is a very good question. We'll all be on our own at some point to get these installed but I'll try to help if I can by arming you with as much information as possible along with the other Rennlisters, we should all have a good idea of what is a good deal, and what is not by posting these estimates as well.

I'll get a "preleminary" estimate for this as well with/without switch. I'm sure they have an hourly chg that they can quote for us to work with. Will be back on this...
Old 07-06-2006 | 10:46 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

I just ordered my wheels from Tommy @ Brandywine. I'm in too for the right deal.
Old 07-06-2006 | 10:48 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Generally 1750-1800/per over the counter
Old 07-08-2006 | 08:03 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

I have also heard that PSE is backordered from Germany right now with little information when the factory can catch up. My guess is they are making more money installing them on new cars vs. selling them as an accessory.
Lets see what the price we get, I assume a 30k order on mufflers isn't a bad day for the parts department at any dealership.
Old 07-08-2006 | 01:02 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
I have also heard that PSE is backordered from Germany right now with little information when the factory can catch up. My guess is they are making more money installing them on new cars vs. selling them as an accessory.
Lets see what the price we get, I assume a 30k order on mufflers isn't a bad day for the parts department at any dealership.
Economies of scale are a powerful force. Let's hope we get some greedy parts dept. signed-up.
Old 07-18-2006 | 03:24 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

So what's up with the group buy ?
I was just informed by Brandywine Porsche that several PSE's will be arriving from Germany shortly.

$1725 including controls and $2100 for the complete installation(switch and all)

Anyone with a better deal ?? They are apparently hard to come by and have been on order for quite a while now.

If anyone is interested , call Tom at Brandywine Porsche ( 877 ) 666-2884
Be sure to ask for Tom and give him my name . He is aware of our group buy effort and is willing to negotiate the above deal if there are enough buyers .
I am definitely one .
Old 07-18-2006 | 08:26 PM
micgreeny
Instructor

I'm up for it, no tax from Brandywine save a little money there.--------------mike
Old 07-18-2006 | 08:29 PM
micgreeny
Instructor

oh wait I was thinking of sunset porsche, there in ore. so no tax.-------------------mike
Old 07-18-2006 | 10:06 PM
Arnzo
Intermediate

I'm interested. Let me know. Thanks
Old 07-19-2006 | 10:34 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

no tax if it's shipped out of PA
Old 07-21-2006 | 08:33 PM
jt993ttchicago
Advanced

oh yeah for sure, lets get em down to $1200!!! would sound great on the c4s cab im so anxiously awaiting for

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY --PSE-- Who's interested??