Slight Engine Hesitation: Any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:53 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Dario I have a fix for that car....

Get rid of that POS and get a real vehicle like a C6

You still owe me a ride. I'll call ya!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by slant911
Hey Dario I have a fix for that car....

Get rid of that POS and get a real vehicle like a C6

You still owe me a ride. I'll call ya!!!
Then I can be just like AJ!!!.., crashed C6 and all.

I called you a few times but went to VM. Call me.....
Old 07-06-2006, 12:22 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slightly different, but the same...?

Originally Posted by jvmca
Beverly Hills Porsche is aware of the problem, likely a software issue with the fuel mapping. No solution yet, but dealer encourages everyone to report cases. Interestingly, the dealer stated that he thought this was a 6-speed issue only, but this thread also involves Tips. I let him know when I pick the car up on Wednesday.
JVM:

My issue is similar, but slightly different... 06 C4S 6-speed. I was down to three gallons or so, so I filled up with 93 Amoco Ultimate as usual. About 90 degrees outside, 80% humidity...

Car ran fine for 15 minutes or so, pulled into garage and shut down. Two hours later, I went out to wash the car and - no start. On the second try, it started, and idled very rough. Pulled out, washed and dried the car. When I restarted to pull back into the garage, it started - but threw a Check Engine - Visit Workshop. Idle was marginally smoother but still abnormal.

I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow am. I called Porsche Roadside, and they said "as long as the check engine light is solid (not flashing), it's okay to drive the car to the dealer". So, I will. I'll keep you guys posted.

I tried venting the gas cap, no joy. I guess the fact that the Motronic did set a code is good, as the dealer will be able to tell me something other than "no issues"...

BTW, the guy I spoke with from Roadside was good. I asked him if he had many reports of this issue; he hesitated... a bit of prodding later, he agreed that he had received many of these calls this summer...

Hoping for a quick fix,

-don
Old 06-10-2007, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by dstrimbu
JVM:

My issue is similar, but slightly different... 06 C4S 6-speed. I was down to three gallons or so, so I filled up with 93 Amoco Ultimate as usual. About 90 degrees outside, 80% humidity...

Car ran fine for 15 minutes or so, pulled into garage and shut down. Two hours later, I went out to wash the car and - no start. On the second try, it started, and idled very rough. Pulled out, washed and dried the car. When I restarted to pull back into the garage, it started - but threw a Check Engine - Visit Workshop. Idle was marginally smoother but still abnormal.

I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow am. I called Porsche Roadside, and they said "as long as the check engine light is solid (not flashing), it's okay to drive the car to the dealer". So, I will. I'll keep you guys posted.

I tried venting the gas cap, no joy. I guess the fact that the Motronic did set a code is good, as the dealer will be able to tell me something other than "no issues"...

BTW, the guy I spoke with from Roadside was good. I asked him if he had many reports of this issue; he hesitated... a bit of prodding later, he agreed that he had received many of these calls this summer...

Hoping for a quick fix,

-don
Don, what was the outcome after your service visit?
Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by 500
Don, what was the outcome after your service visit?
Bump..Don ?
Old 06-10-2007, 04:53 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Hey, 500...

They dumped the ECU and sent params to the factory... factory suggested a reflash of the ECU with later Motronic software. My car's build date is 10 Oct 05.

Since then, zero issues... (knock on wood!).

I've also switched to Shell 93 and she's running great so far.

The remap version was 14.1; but the service was done 12 July 06. There may be a later version.

Good luck, man! I'm going for a drive... :-)

-don
Old 06-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by dstrimbu
Hey, 500...

They dumped the ECU and sent params to the factory... factory suggested a reflash of the ECU with later Motronic software. My car's build date is 10 Oct 05.

Since then, zero issues... (knock on wood!).

I've also switched to Shell 93 and she's running great so far.

The remap version was 14.1; but the service was done 12 July 06. There may be a later version.

Good luck, man! I'm going for a drive... :-)

-don
Thanks very much Don; glad to hear she's running smooth! I hear there is a new version of re-flash out there and I'll check into it next week.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:01 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Yeah I have the same problem where that un predictably the car will hesitate surge. I'm not sure though if it's because of the Fabspeed Cats, my Mechanic thinks so because the error code always says o2 sensor. So I'll eventually try te A.W.E. cats and my luck, same problem?

As for this ECU flash, is that covered under warranty?
Old 06-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by cleanme
Yeah I have the same problem where that un predictably the car will hesitate surge. I'm not sure though if it's because of the Fabspeed Cats, my Mechanic thinks so because the error code always says o2 sensor. So I'll eventually try te A.W.E. cats and my luck, same problem?

As for this ECU flash, is that covered under warranty?
It should be but I don't know if your mods may cause a problem,I guess it depends on your relationship with the dealer.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:14 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Hi Brad: my ECU reflash was covered. The dealer had donuts, coffee and WiFi, too. <g>

Napleton Porsche in Naperville, IL. Nice guys.

Quick Reply: Slight Engine Hesitation: Any Ideas?