Sponsored by:

Problems: Alarm Goes Off/Parking Light Stays on

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 06:48 PM
nicoff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems: Alarm Goes Off/Parking Light Stays on

For the second time in about a week, my car's alarm went off without an apparent reason. Anybody experiencing problems with the alarm system? (MY2005)
Also, a few times now, one of the parking lights stays on even after taking out the car key. System seems to reset itself after turning engine on again and then off. Reminds me of electrical gremlins I had with a cayenne loaner a couple of years ago. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:32 PM
TheOldMan
Advanced

If you leave a cell phone in the car and it rings it can cause your alarm to go off. This happend a couple of times to me before I figured it out. Not all cell phones cause this, but my Nokia does.

As for the parking light, verify that your directional signal is not in the up or down positions. This will leave one of your parking lights on when you exit the car. Porsche and VW's both do this by design. No idea why.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 147 Posts

Yes, this was happening for a while on my car...but I haven't noticed it recently, and forgot to mention it when it was in for its first service.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:45 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Parking light: this is intentional Europeon parking regulation, operates off directional stalk. RTM. I have had trouble w alarm going off with roof open. Movement/noise sensor in car. If this is your problem, click door closed twice rapidly. This shuts off sensor. This is also in manual.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:58 PM
nicoff
Racer

Thanks to all!!!

Quick Reply: Problems: Alarm Goes Off/Parking Light Stays on