Just Installed AWE mufflers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:14 PM
rotthaus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by florindi
Mike,

I concur with mquattrone. I do like the mufflers, but at low rpm's there is this farting sound from the mufflers. If you short shift and keep the rpm's around 2k and accelerate it does not sound good at all.
I would not call it a farting sound but I also have it just off idle. It is the same noise my factory exhaust made, only more pronounced. It typically occurs when I am trying to nudge the car a few feet or easing into or out of a parking space. I have not experienced it when short shifting. Because the factory exhaust did it also, I do not hold this against the AWE system. At all other RPM’s and loads I find the AWE melody splendid.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:53 PM
jjporsch43
Instructor

Maybe your car needs Beano! Just kidding. Have full AWE exhaust system and EVO intake-no issues-sounds great-loud but like a GT Pcar-OK with me-like they say "whatever floats your boat"............

John J
SA Texas
05 Carrera S'
Old 06-22-2006, 02:57 AM
synergy
Rennlist Member

I agree 100%....that sound is not from the AWE system, it is a typical slow roll Carerra sound. The AWE system rocks, from WOT to cruising in 6th on the freeway.

I did months of homework on this subject and spoke to a plethora of people who raved about their AWE systems before I pulled the trigger. I would be very cautious with the negative post, it surely does not represent the overall feedback from rennlist and 6speed members relating to the AWE system

Last edited by synergy; 06-22-2006 at 03:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-22-2006, 03:01 AM
synergy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
ohsixx-

You reuse your OEM tips.

Click the link below for more info on our system.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...IL=997Sexhaust
Hey Mike - any ETA when we can expect some nice AWE tips to complete the "package"? There is something about buying Fabspeed or Techart tips and installing them on my AWE system that feels wrong....

Quick Reply: Just Installed AWE mufflers!