Sponsored by:

Top profit manufacturer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:26 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top profit manufacturer?

Just a bit ago there was a dust up here about how Porsche was evil and gouging on their prices. The prima facie evidence offered was the fact that the per unit profit of Porsche was the highest.

J.D. Power has weighed in that Porsche is building respectable autos in terms of build quality and service.

Obviously profit is a good thing when a company invests in itself. This is an important finding in our cynical world. I opined at the time that no company can continue to make a great product while losing money. But several here felt just the opposite I guess. The, "It's only good if I can buy it cheap" philsophy.

So here's another toast to Porsche for building a unique, world-class (in the true sense) product and still being able to profit.

Both Them and Us should be grateful.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:07 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good product and dealer experience from Porsche continue to impress me. Compared with Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche definitely has a niche. The good thing is that Porsche continues to invest and improve while maintaining its traditions. I just hope the Porsche product line doesn't get too diluted. I really would like to see how 911 can be improved further especially in corning and engine performance.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:23 PM
The B
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with your thought, I am very pleased that Porsche did not go the way of many other specialty car makers and get gobbled up by large car companies for the brand recognition by the time I was able to afford one.

However, just coming from the standpoint of a properly functioning stock vehicle from the factory: I hope that Porsche continues to invest in themselves in the pursuit of quality.

Quick Reply: Top profit manufacturer?