Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCCB question

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

I live in Vancouver,BC where it rains all the time. I can confirm that there is absolutely no stopping problem of PCCB in any wet weather. The only time that it has problem is right after the car wash, and squeezing the brake paddle for about 3 to 4 times will resolve the problem.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:16 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I have noticed numerous times driving in fairly heavy rain that, if you haven't braked for a while, there is almost no initial bite - very disconcerting for someone who has driven Porsches with steel rotors for years and was really surprised by the PCCB's. The grip returns pretty quick but it can be disconcerting. I now brake lightly once in a while when driving in heavy rain just to throw a little heat at the rotors.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:48 AM
brickster
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is great to hear. here is the posting on the tooic http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...=&fpart=1&vc=1

here is the Automobile magazine the review that i read:

"Ah, yes, the brakes. On nine out of ten days, the combination of monoblock four-piston calipers and massive ventilated rotors performs with aplomb: the brakes are attentive, progressive, full of strength and staying power. When the roads are covered with slush and snow and salt and spray, however, the stoppers suddenly respond with pupil-widening lag and need precious extra moments to wipe the wet off the discs. And this was not just an occasional problem. The phenomenon stayed with us all the way back home to Stuttgart, and it took the edge off what otherwise was a truly sparkling performance. We can only hope that Porsche will fit more suitable pads and/or more comprehensive splash plates to fix this flaw as soon as possible."
Old 06-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default PCCB Noise

Crap! My PCCB's are now starting to "sing" as I drive! It sounds almost like a rotor out of true as it stop/starts as the wheel and rotor turn. Sounds like a pad dragging or hung from not being released after braking. If I turn the steering wheel to one side or another lightly it stops, but I hear it only or mostly at low speeds going straight. Maybe a pebble got caught on the pad. So far, the rotors looks fine.

Looks like a trip to the dealer to have this looked at. DAMN IT! FOr an $8K option you'd think they'd be free of issues.

These are 2nd gen since my build as March '06. Only 1600 miles.

Anyone else have this noise?

Regards,
Deanski,
Dr. Shine
Old 06-20-2006, 12:44 PM
frayed
Race Car

only issue here is the 'wet' issue.

have only had this happen after going through a car wash, and first application of brakes in heavy rain.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:22 PM
riverflyer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Azurro_California_911
Don't forget the bitchin yellow color. It's a 12 on the awsomeness scale
check you pm Azzurro
Old 06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default PCCB Wet

Originally Posted by frayed
only issue here is the 'wet' issue.

have only had this happen after going through a car wash, and first application of brakes in heavy rain.
Oh Yea, found THAT out the first time I washed my C2S! Backing out of the washbay got my eyes a bit BIG! And a few colorfull explitives! Man, that was really a scarry thing!

Maybe I have to bed the brakes better... Or find that pebble that may have wedged in a pad. I'v heard about these on std brakes. One was at the dealer after being flatbed in and as they rolled it backwards, it freed itself.

It's going in on Friday as it's not a daily driver...well, to a point it isn't.

One thing I never looked at.. Warranty on these PCCB's. I hope they are under warranty.

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: PCCB question