Sponsored by:

GT3 FRONT HOOD GRILLE...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:56 AM
cpadula
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 FRONT HOOD GRILLE...

New to forum... thks for all of your guidance and postings it helped me purchase my 997s aero.. thanks again..

firstly I added the porsche stock sport exhaust, evo air box and giac upgrades to my car and love them.. i can feel the response changes and smal power increase.. ( the response is easy to notice the change )..

i am wondering if i can "cut" the front "upper hood grille" of the gt3 into my areo front nose??

there is a carbon fiber grille for sale, and i would like to mount this on my car??

any ideas ???

also.. any idea on who can install a high quality clear bra in the fort myers florida area ???

Thanks all,

Casey
Old 06-02-2006, 12:19 AM
CleanSlate
Instructor

Originally Posted by cpadula
New to forum... thks for all of your guidance and postings it helped me purchase my 997s aero.. thanks again..

firstly I added the porsche stock sport exhaust, evo air box and giac upgrades to my car and love them.. i can feel the response changes and smal power increase.. ( the response is easy to notice the change )..

i am wondering if i can "cut" the front "upper hood grille" of the gt3 into my areo front nose??

there is a carbon fiber grille for sale, and i would like to mount this on my car??

any ideas ???

also.. any idea on who can install a high quality clear bra in the fort myers florida area ???

Thanks all,

Casey
Welcome Casey... Can't help with the hood, but I got my 3M clear bra done on my 05 & 06 at:

Driving Expressions
Phone: 941-922-2711
Certified Installer(s): Joseph Carroll

They did a nice job and do all of the cars for Suncoast Porsche. They're in Sarasota (about 1-1.5 hours away from you).

Also, there is another authorized dealer in Ft. Myers:

A Florida Car
Phone: 239-437-3570
Certified Installer(s): George Wilbur

Hope this helps... Good Luck!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default GT3 Air Vent

Now why would you want to cut the hood area just for the vent area on a GT3?

You want it that bad? Buy a new GT3 nose and sell your current one.

There may be some added duct work between the Aerocup center vent and that hood vent, so you better find out first. I would think so as just a hole in the hood area will not "vent" out the amount of air passing through the nose center.

I too have an Aerocup kit, but I'm not about to hack up a perfectly good car I ordered to spec for a lousy vent.

You have to direct it in and up somehow for it to work correctly. This is if you want the added downforce of the GT3 front end. I would see one in person and view it from top, bottom and in between.

This is no simple cut a hole in a hood aspect.... Think about it... It's a Porsche... not a Chevy Nova. Vette or whatever we all used to cut holes in hoods for that nice air scoop.

Deanski
Old 06-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deanski
Now why would you want to cut the hood area just for the vent area on a GT3?

You want it that bad? Buy a new GT3 nose and sell your current one.

There may be some added duct work between the Aerocup center vent and that hood vent, so you better find out first. I would think so as just a hole in the hood area will not "vent" out the amount of air passing through the nose center.

I too have an Aerocup kit, but I'm not about to hack up a perfectly good car I ordered to spec for a lousy vent.

You have to direct it in and up somehow for it to work correctly. This is if you want the added downforce of the GT3 front end. I would see one in person and view it from top, bottom and in between.

This is no simple cut a hole in a hood aspect.... Think about it... It's a Porsche... not a Chevy Nova. Vette or whatever we all used to cut holes in hoods for that nice air scoop.

Deanski
What he said.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:30 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a blue one on ebay for sale!
Old 06-03-2006, 11:11 AM
cpadula
Intermediate

thanks for the help cleanslate!!

i called and schedule two appts.. 1 for my 997 and one fo my cayenne turbo..

tks.

Casey

Quick Reply: GT3 FRONT HOOD GRILLE...