Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know. Call Albert Cook at the numbers I left,
Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 PM
drbf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
are we supposed to use all four screws on both gas and dead pedal? I only used two, I don't think it would go anywhere.

BTW, Very Nice Steering Wheel!
I used only two as well
Old 05-25-2006, 12:50 AM
rebe1
Racer

How did you do that? Is it just a matter of keeping the sections of the MFSW that has the buttons? and changing the rest of the steering wheel with the Techarts? Or was the Techarts designed to keep the center section and the control sections of the original wheel?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by allegretto
Hey, I just had my meaty, lovely Techart steering wheel installed, and guess what? I didn't lose my control ***** from the skinny hateful multi-function wheel.

I intentionally did not learn the functions because I didnt want to lose them, but now I can have my cake and eat it too. What fun!!!

pics to follow...
Old 05-25-2006, 01:13 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by drbf
I used only two as well
our cars are four screws lighter than allegretto's
Old 05-25-2006, 10:40 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rebe1
How did you do that? Is it just a matter of keeping the sections of the MFSW that has the buttons? and changing the rest of the steering wheel with the Techarts? Or was the Techarts designed to keep the center section and the control sections of the original wheel?

Thanks!
The Techart wheel comes with knock-outs for the controls but they are covered with the usual aluminum pieces. If you have the wiring already it appears to be an easy issue.

Oh yes, you need to specify whether you have a round or triangular airbag, the center hub is different as well.

Last edited by allegretto; 05-25-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:19 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by THPorsche
our cars are four screws lighter than allegretto's
Hey, speaking of which, what's the scoop on putting in the little rubber dots? The mechanic did not and stated that he thought the pedals were nicely etched and would not need them. Further he felt they would fall out over time and look objectionable.

What is the concensus here?
Old 05-25-2006, 01:38 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey, speaking of which, what's the scoop on putting in the little rubber dots? The mechanic did not and stated that he thought the pedals were nicely etched and would not need them. Further he felt they would fall out over time and look objectionable.

What is the concensus here?
I didn't order the rubber dots, I too felt they would fall out. The pedals provide plenty of grip without them
Old 05-25-2006, 05:41 PM
rebe1
Racer

Thanks, that clarifies a lot! This seems like an essential upgrade for the skinny MFSW.

The Techart wheel comes with knock-outs for the controls but they are covered with the usual aluminum pieces. If you have the wiring already it appears to be an easy issue.

Oh yes, you need to specify whether you have a round or triangular airbag, the center hub is different as well.

Quick Reply: Very cool