Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006 | 03:28 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bigwave
Here is a question for you. I had the qtr panel painted after a got a door ding in it. The body shop said to wait 90 days before they do a final buff and not to wax it for the 90 days. They claim the paint takes that long to cure. This is old school don't you think. I thought modern paint was cured in a week +or- The clear coat has a milky look to it and needs a lot of buff to fix. I am not happy with this shop. Typical bs from them on how they are the best but deliver the car with a poor finish and then stall you for a while.
FWIW..... when i got my hood repainted, I asked about waiting, and the guy said not at all - you can wax, simonize, drive in snow, etc... immediately.
Old 05-23-2006 | 03:52 PM
kocsis
Rennlist Member

I use a very good shop. They always try to paint surrounding areas to allow blend. It comes out beautiful and imperceptable.
Old 05-23-2006 | 08:53 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boolala
OK but I don't see how that's possible. The factory paint is baked on at high temperatures. Something that is simply not possible once the car is assembled. The quality of the paint job is not just based upon how it looks but also on durability. Even if it were true that the 'aftermarket" paint job is better wouldn't it stand in contrast to the factory paint?

By the way, i once had the hood reapinted on my SL and the body shop did a crap job. YMMV.
Sorry to hear that. I can tell you the really upscale shops have baking rooms. Stuarts of Dallas does, I've seen it. They paint and bake. Their work is better than the factory. You need to contact your local Ferrari dealer and find out who they use.

Quick Reply: Body Shop