Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack Points

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:54 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Allegretto, that is my exact car. Well, silver/black-S with rock lobsters. Man we need some new wheels. I have the same jack but I got it at Costco pretty cheap if I remember correctly (check their website).
Old 05-21-2006, 06:55 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Here ya go. The jacking mounts are yellow (at least they are on my car,...could it be it matches my paint???). Also, I use the trolley jack from Sears shown below - IIRC it cost somewhere between 25-50 bucks, works great, and comes in a carrying case that actually fits in the boot of a C4S. Note matching Speed Yellow emergency flashlight.

You carry that jack around in your car? I don't see a spare so you must be relying on the green glue if you get a flat. Please expand...
Old 05-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
You carry that jack around in your car? I don't see a spare so you must be relying on the green glue if you get a flat. Please expand...
No, I just put it in there when I head to my out of Boston top secret garage to swap tires and stuff like that (i.e. my mother's house in the burbs).
I am strongly considering getting a spare to carry but will likely get a small scissor jack. I've even thought about taking my 235 18" front snow rim as a carry along on longer trips for piece of mind. To Be Continued...
Old 05-21-2006, 07:37 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Allegretto, that is my exact car. Well, silver/black-S with rock lobsters. Man we need some new wheels. I have the same jack but I got it at Costco pretty cheap if I remember correctly (check their website).
yeah, I paid $80 at PB today. Light, small, hell i could carry it around in the trunk i think. but why bother?

i ordered HRE C21's from Wheel Enhancement last week, but due to some sort of shortage of titanium hardware they wont be in till early July. i think they kick ***. i ordered them with pewter centers and polishd rims, just georgous! less then 20 lbs.

i asked around here and some fellows posted that HRE was banned in Viper League or SCCA or PCA but I searched their websites and saw nothing. another gentleman posted a pic of a proported broken HRE wheel that was actually a Kinesis. not that Kinesis are bad, and all wheels can break. in truth i appreciate the input, but you just gotta do your own homework in the end and go with what you like.

i plan to put winter tires on the lobsters.

Dave at Wheel Enhancement was showed a lot of patience and was very helpful.

what are you looking at?
Old 05-21-2006, 09:51 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dave,

I saw the jack in the boot of your car - but where's the spare tire to go along with it

Quick Reply: Jack Points