Sponsored by:

NEW Zaino Z5 Pro Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NEW Zaino Z5 Pro Soon!

Disclaimer: I do not work or associated with Zaino or Sal Zaino.

Some of you who are familiar with Zaino will love to hear this!

New Zaino Z5 Pro will be release soon! Improvements; higher gloss, better filling and easier to use. Unknown when it will be fully released onto the store, but soon I hear.

As with all Zaino sealants, you still have to use the ZFX additive for it to cross-link on the finish.

If you have not tried the new Z8 "Grand Finale" finishing spray (QD) you are missing out on one hell of a QD! It adds deeper reflection and slickness like I've never seen. I've gome though one bottle already, it's like crack! It's that good!

I will be testing the new Z5 Pro on my black C2S as soon as it arrives and once the rain lets up, I'll get some pics.

Zaino can only be ordered via the Zainostore: ZAINO STORE

Go ahead and get your Zaino soon! Good weather will be here and you want to be shiny don't you?

Regards,
Deanski
Old 05-16-2006, 11:43 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a big fan of Zaino. I certainly like the Z2Pro and Z8 products (although I alternate Z2Pro with Z5 for swirl reduction).

Let me know when it is released.

Do you have an "advanced copy" so to speak??
Old 05-16-2006, 11:46 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI -

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71422
Old 05-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Exclamation Z5 Pro Review

Sean did a review of the new Z5 Pro over at Detailcity. He's one hell of a detailer that does exceptional work. The pics speek for themselves!

Zaino Z5 Pro Review

Go and read that review and any others Sean writes up!

Deanski
Old 05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by InTheAir
DAMN, you beat me to it! Looks as if he copied both forums with the review!

Deanski
Old 05-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Do you have an "advanced copy" so to speak??
It will be arriving soon and it's the final version prior to production.

Deanski
Old 05-16-2006, 01:54 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

I love Zaino...look forward to the new Z5Pro!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:57 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a Rejex guy!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:55 PM
tgibson1
Advanced

Menzerna Guy
Old 05-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default New Zaino Z5 Pro

Menzerna FM is a nice sealant.

Never did quite like Rejex.

Z8 spray is still crack to me! I use that in place of Z6 between coats and boy does it look nice! Very slick as well.

It should be avalible in 3 weeks Z5 Pro that is.

Deanski
Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Deanski, So you smoke Z8? Have not tried that yet...too much fun putting it on the car. Agreed on both Menzerna and Rejex!
Old 05-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Z8 as crack

Originally Posted by wross996tt
Deanski, So you smoke Z8? Have not tried that yet...too much fun putting it on the car. Agreed on both Menzerna and Rejex!
Well, at least it smokes the finish into looking stunning! Z8 is so habbit forming it should be labeled with a warning that it could lead to addiction.

After trying one coat of Z5 then Z6 then Z5 again, but after second coat, switch to Z8, much better flow of Z5 on third coat. Next day, another Z8 spray, then Z2 Pro and finish with Z8. Jesus it looks outstanding! Prior to putting on my new official Porsche indoor cover, I spray some Z8 before the cover goes on.

WIth the new Poorboys "DMT" MF towels on hand which are super plush and the color of coral, a few sprays of Z8 just flows over the finish so well, it's hard to control the towel. Same for the Autopia "CBT" towel with Z8, very slippery!

I've used numerous sealants and waxes which all have a place depending on what you're trying to obtain in finish level, but Zaino has always been one of the best sealants for high reflection.

Zaino works best in indoor car shows. Most indoor facilities have Metal Halide lamps or mercury vapor lamps. The kelvin level and how it reacts with Zaino is the best I've ever seen. This is all I use for ALL indoor shows period! Outside in sun is different. Waxes have that warmth were sealants have a harsh reflection. Some sealants are coming very close to giving that caranuba warmth and depth/wetness look. Waxes only last a short time where sealants last 6 months or longer.

Bottom line, find what you like and stick with it.

Black being very difficult in keeping clean and with no marring is almost impossible. Most mistakes people do is not washing any dust/dirt first with a soft mitt such as a sheepskin and lots and lots of suds/water to float off as much as possible. Use the two-bucket method, one for suds, one to rinse the mitt. Those California Dusters are garbage, toss them! Learn to wash, use MF towels as well. There IS a new MF duster looking like a California Duster with NO wax on it. As long as you have very fine dust/pollen, mist one with a good QD and lightly dust-off. Clean it often as well. So far no issues yet with this duster.

Most people also use cheap MF towels or not 100% USA cotton towels w/o trim. Invest in the best MF's you can! Poorboys DMT, DFTOWELS, Autopia CBT, PAKSHAK etc all have the best out. Each towel has a specific use, just like a polish, glaze and wax/sealants. Some towels are short nap, some plush, some in the middle.

I'll be testing the new Z5 Pro shortly and will update everyone to results.

Now go and clean your car!

Deanski

Quick Reply: NEW Zaino Z5 Pro Soon!