Sponsored by:

Sirius Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 PM
kasendorf
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Question

Just had the Cayenne Sirius kit installed in my 05 cab. A little pricey but it works great. Was wondering if others with this install are able to receive the RDS information (artist and song) on the screen. My wife's BMW does this and was wondering if this is a problem or the way it works in a porsche. Thanks for the help.

Lenny
Old 05-16-2006, 12:02 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kasendorf
Just had the Cayenne Sirius kit installed in my 05 cab. A little pricey but it works great. Was wondering if others with this install are able to receive the RDS information (artist and song) on the screen. My wife's BMW does this and was wondering if this is a problem or the way it works in a porsche. Thanks for the help.

Lenny
On the Cayenne I've got XM. When in the sat tuner screen I press the "INFO" button, then choose the correct type of TEXT from the pull down menu. Detailed song/artist info follows.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Phil S
Advanced

The difference is that on the Cayenne when you push the info button you get the choice of GPS info or Radio info. On my 997 I can only get GPS info, there isn't a Radio choice.

So, I don't know how you would get it to show you that info (if it is even available with the 997 install).

Phil
Old 05-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Satellite Kit

Did they fully "enable" the satellite on your PCM? You should also be able to adjust bass/treble from the PCM as well as artist etc.

I'm still playing with my satellite as well. It does get drop-outs around tree lined roads but other than that, it works well.

Deanski
Old 05-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

heh
A 'sirius' quiestion indeed

i'm easily amused at 3:30 in the morning =P
Old 05-16-2006, 10:48 AM
kasendorf
Advanced

Deanski,

I am not sure what you mean "...Did they fully "enable" the satellite on your PCM...". All of the satellite functions seam to work correctly except I am not able to see the current artist or song when I am on the "main" screen. Am I doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,
Lenny
Old 05-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Phil S
Advanced

Originally Posted by Deanski
I'm still playing with my satellite as well. It does get drop-outs around tree lined roads but other than that, it works well.

Deanski
I have the satellite system in my Cayenne and my wife has it in an SL and dropouts are a regular part of satellite listening on streets. Trees, underpasses and sometimes nothing at all will cause a dropout. On wider highways/freeways it seems to be better. I know we sometimes lose the signal on our home satellite tv system when we get bad weather. I haven't driven in a bad rain storm yet to see if it affects the radio in the cars.

Phil
Old 05-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Song Titles

Has anyone with the Sirius sat kit installed in their 997 get it to display the artist and song titles yet?

There's got to be something that the PWIS system enables to the kit or pushes data to the unit to also display that info AND the Sirius dog logo like the pics from the very first install in California.

Deanski
Old 05-31-2006, 11:41 AM
loliver
Instructor

On the old 20 page thread about satalite radio installation, there were pictures of someone's Sirius radio display with artist and song titles. I am having mine installed next week, so we will see. I bet it is a matter of figuring out what combination of button pusing it wants. A great example is the 3 step process to mute the radio.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:19 PM
kwsmith6
Intermediate

The info button should give you a radiotext option that shows the artist, song, etc. I had the Cayenne kit installed in my 05 997 and it works great. Even in the garage.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:18 PM
royalpar1
Instructor

Default XM

OMG, I cannot beleive this thread, although I had xm installed prior, I just had it installed today thru the PCM.

NOW...... the sound is awesome ! Much cleaner and better than before, however I also cannot find a way to display Artist and Song?

I have a 2006 997, with the Cayenne install.

Help anyone, but i love it, so if this is it, it is it.

Me
Old 05-31-2006, 07:23 PM
kasendorf
Advanced

I figured it out. Go to INFO and AUDIOTEXT (or something like that). I would have thought that it would appear on the MAIN screen as it does for the other radio bands but I guess that is not the case.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:49 PM
royalpar1
Instructor

Default XM

no info and no audio text buttons on the pcm of the sportscar
Old 06-01-2006, 01:08 AM
kasendorf
Advanced

press the INFO button on the PCM and than select RADIOTEXT. I have the SIRIUS install and that is the way that I get the text.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kasendorf
press the INFO button on the PCM and than select RADIOTEXT. I have the SIRIUS install and that is the way that I get the text.
OK, that I got, but I thought there was a way for them to "enable" it so you do not have to go to the INFO button etc.

Would be nice if it displayed like a normal satellite radio...

Deanski

Quick Reply: Sirius Question