Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have Mobile Guardian for their car? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:43 AM
andre5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a system called Guidepoint here in California, which is essentially the same thing. You have to pay a monthly fee for access to the computer tracking feature on the internet. Otherwise, it's just the one time installation fee.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Coochas
I realize this has all been debated about a thousand times here, but consider this - when your Porsche gets stolen, you get notified within minutes and can get the LoJack (or whichever system you use) activated and retrieve the car almost immediately.
Insurance companies pay dirt on stolen cars - I am speaking from experience! I would much rather get my car back in a short period of time than to receive a third of its value a few months later.
Besides...the way I look at it is anyone stealing a Speed Yellow C4S in Boston is stealing it to sell somewhere far far far away rather than joy riding in it.
For older cars, I agree,...you may not want to get it back.

Coochas you've just made the exact point and purpose of LoJack. People some how think insurance companies WANT to give them all the money for their car. Trust me, no body thinks your car is worth as much as you do. Get your car back ASAP. That's the point.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have Mobile Guardian for their car? Thoughts?