Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealerships in LA area...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
rayng
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you are in west l.a., i don't envy you. after living in the westside for 10 years, i finally moved to the 'burbs where most things, including p-cars are less expensive. please don't go to Beverly Hills or the pcar dealer on santa monica blvd in santa monica.

where you buy your pcar will likely be where you'll get your car serviced. so do visit the service department and ask a lot of questions. the service i received at rusnak in pasadena has cordial but nothing like the butt kisses i get from longo lexus.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Snoopy
Racer

Originally Posted by rayng
please don't go to Beverly Hills or the pcar dealer on santa monica blvd in santa monica.
The one in SM is gone (assuming you are referring to Steve Taub). I think you are stuck with BH or Downtown LA for immediate LA/West LA area.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Correct...Steve Taub is now Audi of Santa Monica; no Porsche franchise. FYI, it is the same ownership as Beverly Hills Porsche/Audi...avoid them.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Let's see, I am guessing a license plate frame with "Porsche of Beverly Hills" is worth a 10K premium right?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Dro
Instructor

Great replys! thanks a lot.

Looks like I will make trips to Rusnak Thousand Oaks, Pasadena, and maybe even the Newport auto center to see who can give me the best deal.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
ArthurY
Track Day

Originally Posted by Holli82
Let's see, I am guessing a license plate frame with "Porsche of Beverly Hills" is worth a 10K premium right?

Actually, no.

I ordered my very-well optioned out C2S coupe in the late Spring of last year from BH Porsche; they delivered it to me six months ago. I paid no premium for buying from the most convenient dealer to where I live. BH has - by reputation - the best service department this side of Atlanta; it's also very conveniently located. When I picked up my car they honored my request for changing the front sidelights to clear before delivery and without charge.

During the several months between ordering and delivery I walked through (i.e., hung out at) the dealership many times and have spoken to most of its salespeople: I have always, without a single exception, been treated courteously and well. While some have been more Porsche knowledgable than others, every one I spoke with attempted to be helpful when I had meandering queries. And while they may deal well with the rich and powerful in California (I understand that Schwarznegger and Spielberg got their Porsches there), I am neither famous, rich, nor near that level of influence.

In sum, having dealt with many BH people for more than a year at this point, I can say nothing that is negative about them.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arthur, I guess you fit the profile of their buyers.
I bought my first Porsche from BH in 90. Didn't like the service then so I bought my next 2 at Rusnak Pasadena.
I went in with my wife to look at the car that showed on their inventory online. First, they ignored me, then the sales came over to ask what I was looking for. I told him the Carrera S coupe they had. There was another couple there looking at a boxster. They were greeted immediately and offered drinks (bottled water). This guy after sitting us down offered us paper cup water. Then he immediately said there is no discount whatsover and everything went at MSRP, no negotiation. I explained I was a former customer but he held on saying they are the biggest dealer in the US etc. I said ok then I'd think about it. After 5 days, he calls me(from my records in 90 since I didn't leave my number) and offers me a discount.
As for the BH service dept, I will agree that they are prompt and courteous but they also over inflated repair estimates on my older Pcars. One little part and they wanted the entire system repaired etc. Being in Malibu, they are more convenient for me but I always called my sales in Rusnak Pasadena to compare quotations. And they were usually 30%+ higher in terms of work needed.
I moved to Otto's for work after 2 attempts of overcharging. I hardly use Rusnak service but my last 2 Pcars was bought from them. I had a friend who had problems with a 996 tranny warranty fix but that's 3rd hand info.
As for Mjone's recommendation for Thomas Foulk. The big guy delivers cars to your door and also programs the homelink etc.
Lexus and Acura gave me the best service of every make I've owned. Most indifferent sales had to be Ferrari.
Originally Posted by ArthurY
Actually, no.

I ordered my very-well optioned out C2S coupe in the late Spring of last year from BH Porsche; they delivered it to me six months ago. I paid no premium for buying from the most convenient dealer to where I live. BH has - by reputation - the best service department this side of Atlanta; it's also very conveniently located. When I picked up my car they honored my request for changing the front sidelights to clear before delivery and without charge.

During the several months between ordering and delivery I walked through (i.e., hung out at) the dealership many times and have spoken to most of its salespeople: I have always, without a single exception, been treated courteously and well. While some have been more Porsche knowledgable than others, every one I spoke with attempted to be helpful when I had meandering queries. And while they may deal well with the rich and powerful in California (I understand that Schwarznegger and Spielberg got their Porsches there), I am neither famous, rich, nor near that level of influence.

In sum, having dealt with many BH people for more than a year at this point, I can say nothing that is negative about them.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

I'm also on the westside. I bought mine from The Autogallery in Woodland Hills. Gianni was the salesman, and I worked a great deal with them. I would buy from them again. For convenience reasons I have my car serviced at Circle Porsche in Long Beach, and I couldn't be happier with them, I highly recommend them.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:41 AM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're open to purchasing a car from inventory, don't limit yourself to the LA Area. You can get good deals outside the area by using phone, email, etc. Save time and frustration.

Cheers and good luck with your search. Post pics and details once you break on through to the other side.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:42 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dro
Great replys! thanks a lot.

Looks like I will make trips to Rusnak Thousand Oaks, Pasadena, and maybe even the Newport auto center to see who can give me the best deal.
Therein lies the problem: I don't imagine that any of these dealerships will offer discount of any significance. Service and expertise, yes. But if you require money off MSRP then you'll most likely have to buy out of town. My own buying experience was great, but I didn't even bother to ask for anything off MSRP. Having said that, they did throw a few things in to sweeten the deal. However, I fully expect the level of service I experienced in the buying process to continue throughout my ownership of the car and there is value in knowing that. I know I could have gotten 5 or 6 or 7 % off the price if I'd shopped out of town, but buying a new car from my local dealer will hopefully pay off in terms of peace of mind over the years.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Therein lies the problem: I don't imagine that any of these dealerships will offer discount of any significance. Service and expertise, yes. But if you require money off MSRP then you'll most likely have to buy out of town. My own buying experience was great, but I didn't even bother to ask for anything off MSRP. Having said that, they did throw a few things in to sweeten the deal. However, I fully expect the level of service I experienced in the buying process to continue throughout my ownership of the car and there is value in knowing that. I know I could have gotten 5 or 6 or 7 % off the price if I'd shopped out of town, but buying a new car from my local dealer will hopefully pay off in terms of peace of mind over the years.
Always bargain for the best price. I was offered discounts from Rusnak Pasadena and Circle.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:49 AM
USCHANDPOD
Racer

Rusnack Thousand Oaks did work a respectable sale for me. They helped with better financing and by taking in my last car and paying down the lease without making me upside down for 2 months.

If you don't try you will never get anything.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
drr
Intermediate

I had a great experience with Jamie at Rusnak Thousand Oaks. He moves a lot of cars and seemed to be on top of things regarding which options to get since it was my first Porsche.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:56 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by drr
I had a great experience with Jamie at Rusnak Thousand Oaks. He moves a lot of cars and seemed to be on top of things regarding which options to get since it was my first Porsche.
I believe that he and Paul (who handled my deal) work side by side.

Quick Reply: Dealerships in LA area...