997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Waiter

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006 | 09:06 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

TOM, check out the rally and concours on May 21st at the Danbury Hilton. I'm entering the wash and shine division on Sunday. In any event you'll get to see a lot of Porsches, and if anything it will help pass the time. I spoke to Chip Hall at Danbury Porsche last week and they will have a booth at the event.

Take Care and good luck , Jay
Old 05-06-2006 | 09:59 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

good luck with the car. the bixenons are not an option, they come with the c4s. about that wart, i can definitely urge you to drive a car with the sports chrono, and then without it-there is a noticeable difference in acceleration. the pse is also nice-oops, my bad, i thought you were getting a c4s.
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:09 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by meaker
Hey Deanski, just wonder what the March build date was? I know your car came in around the April 7. I have a may 10 build date and trying to see how much longer it would be..The wait is killing me..
It was early March, and got into Port of Baltimore on 04/02/06. Your car should be going through CHeckpoint 8 around the 25th at the latest. It should go to port within a day or two after, then you may have it by early to mid June!

The wait really blows, but keep up with your dealer and find out what status it's at. Soon, it will be here!

Deanski
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:20 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DJ23
TOM, check out the rally and concours on May 21st at the Danbury Hilton. I'm entering the wash and shine division on Sunday. In any event you'll get to see a lot of Porsches, and if anything it will help pass the time. I spoke to Chip Hall at Danbury Porsche last week and they will have a booth at the event.

Take Care and good luck , Jay
Wash and shine huh? Hope you have some Z8 on hand. Interesting, maybe I have to stop by as I've never heard of this type of event. Concours, yes wash & shine, no.

I was up at Limerock last Saturday for the drive on the track with a Cayman S. Now that's a fun car!

Tom, you're in good hands with Mike and company! Jeff and Lennie did my PCM satellite install which works quite well. Chris is a good guy as well.

You HAVE to ask Mike about the black/black Aerokit, PCCB car they ordered for me. It's one monster of a car!

Keep us posted and let us know of any changes!

Deanski
Old 05-07-2006 | 09:04 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Deanski, hey don't be hard on me my friend. They do have the traditional Concours d'Elegance for those looking to raise the bar per se. But for those drivers like myself who want to get out for the day and show their car "The People's Choice" or aka "Wash and Shine" division is not a bad choice. Hope to see you there. I'm sure your car will get a lot of attention. Wish I had the time to enter the true Concours.

Pic before last years Concours.

Take Care, Jay
Old 05-07-2006 | 09:49 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Not being hard on you at all... Just that I never heard of that type of event, which I think is cool! Hell, every year I go to a Poorboys detail day!!

I hope to see all of you there as well.

BTW, I just did three coats of Zaino.. two Z5 and one Z2Pro with Z8 between. It was a productive day.

Deanski
Old 05-08-2006 | 03:19 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Hey, me too! I chickened out on the Pure Orange / Black interior combo but I traded the "off the rack" C2S for a custom C4S coming... ah... before Halloween?

Carrera C4S coupe
Arctic Silver Metallic
Sea Blue Leather
Carrera Power Kit
19" Carrera Sport Wheel
Sport Chrono Plus
Sport Shifter
Heated Seats
Supple Leather Seats
BOSE
Dimming Mirrors
Silver Seat Belts
Steering Column Leather
Door Finishers Leather
Dome Lamp Leather
Sun Visors Leather
Instrument Surround Leather
Rear Cntr. Console Aluminum Look
TPMS
Fire Extinguisher
Storage Compartment Lid w/ Model Logo
Floor Mats
And a part-ridge in a pear tree....

Last edited by JohnnyNarcosis; 05-08-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2006 | 10:26 AM
OCBen
Banned

Hey Johnny, so you ended up keeping the Vette and dumping the 911???
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:34 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hey Johnny, so you ended up keeping the Vette and dumping the 911???
Temporary nuisance. I've learned my lesson. The 911 - there is no substitute.

Quick Reply: New Waiter