Sponsored by:

Zaino Z10 (Leather in a Bottle) vs. Griot's Leather Care

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
tgibson1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.topoftheline.com/32nozspacspr.html

Try the above link and use this product w/ their odor blocks. I put one saturated block under seat and it lasts a long time. I am not a smoker, just use it for the leather smell
Old 05-03-2006, 01:06 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sonus Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Originally Posted by OCBen
I've been looking for a conditioner that is practically odorless, and through its moisturizing properties alone is able to bring out the dormant natural smell in the leather as the leather is rejuvenated and reconditioned to make it smell new again.
The closest I've come to that goal is with the Sonus Cleaner and Conditioner (which is rebranded Leathermaster products):

http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/son-600-610.html

The first time I used the conditioner I noticed a lemon smell and was rather skeptical, so I tried it on my wife's Lexus . After a couple hours the lemon smell was gone so I put on the conditioner which was very smelly at first. By the next morning the smell was nearly gone and within 24 hours there was no hint of the smell at all.

The amazing thing is that I had really neglected the seats in the Lexus. They had only been done twice in 5 years and it had been at least 3 since the last treatment. They were hard and showing signs that they may start cracking in places, so I thought I was going to need to end up replacing some leather.

After the application I noticed the next day that the leather was now nearly as soft as the leather in my Mercedes which has Napa leather that had been treated twice a year for 6 years. The leather in the Lexus was clean, the cracky looking spots were cleaned completely and now soft, and the leather was softer than I remember it being when it was delivered.

With this confidence I tried it on my Benz. Again, 24 hours and the smell was gone and the results were astonishing. My Mercedes now has the softest leather seats I've ever felt in an automobile, and that includes the leather seats I sat in at the Bentley / Rolls Royce dealership last week!!!!

Finally, I broke down and did the 911 since the factory condition is usually a little dry. It took forever due to the full leather interior, but the results were excellent. The color darkend one shade darker than before (which I liked since my black looked more dark gray), but it was only slightly softer than it had been before. However, I do like the feel of my steering wheel leather much more now. <edit> My new car smell is still in tact and the leather still smells exactly the same as it did before. </edit>

I would consider this product to be a leather rejuvinator, so I wouldn't use it more than once a year as I think you'd end up with leather that is so soft that you'd start seeing and feeling the interworkings of your seats!

I'd highly recommend it.

Last edited by ronmart; 05-03-2006 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Update for 911 leather smelll
Old 05-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Snoopy
Racer

Originally Posted by nick1
Has anyone tried the Porsche leather cleaner and conditioner?

Nick
I just tried it last week. The only other product I have used (and it wasn't on my Porsche) is Lexol. The cleaner goes on easily and has a slight rubbing alcohol smell. The conditioner is odorless and is a white creme. I used a sponge to apply it and a microfiber towel to buff it out. It left a very matte, non-greasy finish.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:39 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I just tried it last week. The only other product I have used (and it wasn't on my Porsche) is Lexol. The cleaner goes on easily and has a slight rubbing alcohol smell. The conditioner is odorless and is a white creme. I used a sponge to apply it and a microfiber towel to buff it out. It left a very matte, non-greasy finish.
Pray tell, do you like it? Do you have full leather? Did it help rejuvenate and restore the natural leather smell? Sounds like a great product. Is that what you're using now on your 997? So do you recommend it? ... Curious minds want to know! .
Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Snoopy
Racer

Pray tell, do you like it? Do you have full leather? Did it help rejuvenate and restore the natural leather smell? Sounds like a great product. Is that what you're using now on your 997? So do you recommend it? ... Curious minds want to know! .
I like it and I am glad I found something that I can use without worry. I don't have full leather and I didn't notice any restoration of any natural leather smell. I like it mainly because it didn't make the leather shiny, didn't leave a greasy surface and didn't leave behind a smell. It seemed to make areas that had become a little shiny (maybe from oil or dirt) look more matte and fresh. I would recommend it for anyone who wants cleaning and conditioning without smells or greasiness. If you want a leather smell, this doesn't have it.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:55 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I like it and I am glad I found something that I can use without worry. I don't have full leather and I didn't notice any restoration of any natural leather smell. I like it mainly because it didn't make the leather shiny, didn't leave a greasy surface and didn't leave behind a smell. It seemed to make areas that had become a little shiny (maybe from oil or dirt) look more matte and fresh. I would recommend it for anyone who wants cleaning and conditioning without smells or greasiness. If you want a leather smell, this doesn't have it.
Are you referring to the Sonus stuff I talked about or Lexol?

If the Sonus, then yes, I agree. It leaves a matte finish that is non-greasy, and while the conditioner is slightly thick, it isn't a cream and therefore works well with preforations.

When I applied the conditioner, I didn't wipe it off. I left it on and let it soak in. It was ready to sit on in about 15 minutes and the full restorative effect was noticed the next day (less so on the 911 full leather interior than my other cars).

I also agree that it leaves no smell behind. Your car will smell the same way it did before the cleaner by the next morning at the latest.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:21 AM
nick1
Track Day

@snoopy:

sorry i didnt quite get it: you used the original porsche stuff and liked it?

@ ronmart: whats sonus?

i am obviosly not very well educated on these things....

cheers,

nick
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
Are you referring to the Sonus stuff I talked about or Lexol?
Ron, she wasn't referring to anything you talked about.
Re-read her post. She was referring to the Porsche Tequipment Leather Cleaner & Conditioner.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Snoopy
Racer

Re-read her post. She was referring to the Porsche Tequipment Leather Cleaner & Conditioner.
Ben is correct. I used the Porsche Tequipment Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and I liked it.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:03 PM
nick1
Track Day

@snoopy: thanks for the info.

Funny how almost every brand of lether treatment got discussed, but not the original..

i´ll be getting my care kit probably 2 months before the car! LOL.

regrads,

nick
Old 05-03-2006, 06:52 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Funny - my bad!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:23 PM
wardo
Advanced

Originally Posted by tgibson1
http://www.topoftheline.com/32nozspacspr.html

Try the above link and use this product w/ their odor blocks. I put one saturated block under seat and it lasts a long time. I am not a smoker, just use it for the leather smell
Anyone else tried this product ?

Quick Reply: Zaino Z10 (Leather in a Bottle) vs. Griot's Leather Care