997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springtime in Yorkshire

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006 | 07:22 AM
Ian C
Advanced

Thanks for all the comments - I hadn't expected that so many people would know about Yorkshire (and Yorkshire Pudding!)
I'll try and take a few more photos of the countryside round here because it really is beautiful.

Icon - the oldest part of the house dates back to seventeen hundred and something

Bitsa - got to confess that I polish the exhaust tips every week!!!
Old 04-29-2006 | 12:19 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

We need pics (PLEASE!) of the Dales and the Moors! At some point you should take the road from Thirsk to Kirbymoorside and on the Thornton le Dale or go up to Rosedale Abbey. Or go over the other side and take any road north of Skipton. I'm so envious!
Old 04-29-2006 | 12:57 PM
Ian C
Advanced

Le Chef - you know the good roads !! The drive from Thirsk to Kirbymoorside is one of my favourites. We are so lucky to have some wonderful roads round here.

More pics in a minute.....
Old 04-29-2006 | 04:14 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

They're the roads I learned to drive on. We lived in a little town called Easingwold when I was growing up. Feels like a thousand years ago, but you don't forget good driving roads!
Old 04-29-2006 | 09:15 PM
Cogito
Racer

I heard a joke long ago that, with your indulgence, I'd like to try telling here as I thought it rather funny. Please forgive my ignorance of the monetary system. Here we go.
Two Englishmen were sitting outside a pub. One says to the other, "I'm thinking of staying here, how is it?"
The 2nd man says, "it's wonderful!". They only charge 2 quid (please substitute some very low amount of money here) a night AND that includes Yorkshire Pudding AND you get to sleep with the owner's beautiful 19 year old daughter!!
There is a moment of silence, then the 1st Englishman says, "Can't be REAL Yorkshire Pudding!"

Quick Reply: Springtime in Yorkshire