Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any dealings with AUTOBAHN MOTORS in Delreay Beach FL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 01:20 PM
black/terra
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any dealings with AUTOBAHN MOTORS in Delreay Beach FL?

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...1981&cardist=0

Those guys have me disgusted. Four days late and no word.

Slick talking, Phone evading (after payment) and tons of lies has been by current experience with them. "After you make payment...I'll personally make sure to overnight you you manual, papers and extra key"...eight overnights later, I have nothing.

My car was promised on Thursday and here it is Easter and no word from the salesman or the carrier.

I asked for the name and number of the carrier and they wont even tell me. They say they have an agreement so the carrier doesnt get bothered by the customer. They have deposited my check for $79,200 and act as if I'm harrassing them for asking where my Freaking car is after being four days late and counting! They claimed their bank had a problem with my sig and needed a sig guarantee from my bank before the dealer could release the car off the carrier. this is supposed to be the hold up. My banker provided them with this friday. I dont even have a clue what city the car is in but I had an anymous person call the dealer to inquire about the car and another salesman did say it was sold.

They have a guy who answers the phone (screener) who does everything is his power to not allow me to get through to anyone in charge. After 20 phonecalls I have talked to the sales manager twice (said he'd look into it...nothing heard)

Any suggestions? Can I put a stop payment on a cashiers check for non-performance?

I'm at my wits end.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:07 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default just noticed

at least the car is off the site....
Old 04-16-2006, 07:19 PM
wardo
Advanced

I am a mile away from them if you need any help.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:51 PM
vitman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Several years ago I tried to buy an E46 M3 from them when it first came out. The dealers wanted too much over sticker and the wait was too long. Autobahn had "used" M3's on the lot with 7 or 8 miles on them. They wanted more than the dealers. It seems that they get on the wait list for high demand cars, buy them, and immediately sell them for a profit. When I wouldn't pay their price for the M3 they tried to talk me into a Honda S2000 that I had no interest in. It had 10,000 miles on it and they said they were going to give me a great deal. I said no because I didn't want the car......but to check out the price I did call a local Honda dealer. He had a new S2000 on his lot priced less than Autobahns one with 10K miles. I wouldn't trust them at all.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:10 PM
jjporsch43
Instructor

Go to your bank asap Monday Am and explain problem. They should be willing to hold up check or cancel. Good luck.

John J SA Texas
Old 04-17-2006, 04:19 AM
black/terra
Racer

Default the check was already overnighted to them

they rec'd it already
Old 04-17-2006, 09:57 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

For that amount of money, I'd go camp out at their place, take possession of the car and supervise watch it getting loaded on the transport. Not sure where you're located but you're only an airplane ticket away. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Black/terra

Jhbrennan (IMO) gave you excellent advice. You are only a ticket away.

Make it a two day trip (find lodging overnight). Fly in one day, spend the night, then leave the next.

During that time, arrange for your own shipper to load the car (as you watch) then leave for home.

Depending on your airfare, I can't see the cost being more than $500.00, which is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I have ordered my car which will arrive in 3 months. This is exactly what I will do.....I am going to have InterState Lines pick up my vehicle. I will leave the dealership when I see the truck drive out with my P-Car safely aboard.

Good luck...This is solveable.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
black/terra
Racer

Default well the car isnt there as I said

If I flew out there it wouldnt be to see my car get on the truck, It would be to sock the salesman in the chops.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by black/terra
If I flew out there it wouldnt be to see my car get on the truck, It would be to sock the salesman in the chops.
That would be icing on the cake...or perhaps the cake itself!
Old 04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default Called this morning twice

the receptionist should be a guard in the NFL, I havnt even gotten a hand on the QB's jersey in four days...His uniform is spotless...

I take it that a person in charge hasnt worked since my check cleared....

Just my luck huh....?

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:07 PM
drbf
Pro

I would report them to the Better Business Bureau. It can't hurt and may help others avoid your misfortune. That is no way to treat any customer. BTW did you
consult the BBB prior to your purchase?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:28 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Forget the Better Business Bureau.. Attorney General, Consumers Affairs/Fraud division. Every state has the site on its webpage.
I believe AUTOBAHN advertises in DuPont Registry. You might point out to them you intend on putting the publisher on alert as to their business practices
Old 04-17-2006, 08:26 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A cashiers check can be canceled if it was lost, stolen etc. The part about them not wanting you to bother the shipper is total BS. I think you may just have to sit tight on this one. I seem to recall complaints about this dealer on F-chat.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

I can understand your pain and empathize. However, if you know anything about shipping no guarantees can ever be made - especially by the dealer who has nothing to do with when your vehicle will be delivered. My best advice is to:
1. relax
2. get the phone number of the dispatcher who can give you the number of the driver - the driver is your key contact and the only one who has any say as to when your vehicle will be delivered.
3. delivery will be on his schedule and nobody else's
4. pissing and moaning to everyone will not get your car to you faster. It's out of the dealer hands right now and like it or not the sale is complete as far as the salesman is concerned. I'm not saying this is the way it should be it just is.

This to my is the absolute worst part of the entire car deal. I hate waiting for a truck driver that I have no control over. Good luck and try to remain calm.

Quick Reply: Any dealings with AUTOBAHN MOTORS in Delreay Beach FL?