Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Evo motorsports experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:10 PM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the description of the two day course at PDE it says that a morning is spent working on heel toe down shifting. Is there anyone who went to PDE (MJones) that has experienced this gas shut off or whether it was discussed at all? I figure the instructors there would see this often if it does in fact occur.

Last edited by icruze; 05-22-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:16 AM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Sorry but I feel like I need to comment here...
I think making statements about voiding warranties and such is fine - HOWEVER, you have to remember that some of us care about this and some of us don't.
So,...if someone wants to put a blower on their 997, leave them be!!! I don't think anyone who makes such a significant modification to their engine is worrying about their warranty anyways.
Sorry for the

I think a 'good' enthusiast forum should embrace the full spectrum of enthusiasts ranging from collectors to weekend warriors to mod-heads.
So Coochas, let me know when you get your supercharger, I can't seem to find anyone in my local Porsche (NNJR- one of the largest) chapter with one. I guess this tells me something?

Hey Like you said to each his own.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MHC2S
I don't feel sorry for anyone that takes a 997S and supercharges it and then cries about problems. You should have never touched a perfect motor like that to begin with. Not fast enough for you? get X-51, new GT3, or better yet get the new 997 Turbo. In the meantime have fun with your Evo mess up.
I wounder if your Porsche factory warrenty will cover this one ???
Wow that comment is beyond rude!! The guy is simply stating his experience with this kit to potentially warn others.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:44 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Wow that comment is beyond rude!! The guy is simply stating his experience with this kit to potentially warn others.
WOW and your response is like 6 weeks late!!
I was only trying to say if you do a major mode like a supercharger and have problems Don't cry to the world. Yeh it's the companies fault this time, but complaining to the world will only **** the company off and when you really need their help then what??? I repeat then what??? Better to sort it out with them then to advertise your problems.
To be honest I have no sympathy for anyone that does such a major motor modification as a supercharger and then has trouble or worse yet blows a motor. An example is my neighbors son. He put a large Turbo system on his hot rod Honda Civic. Just 1 week later he put a nice size hole in the side of his block. I went up to him and said " you should have just left it alone and you'd still be driving it today". His parents want to kill him and I can't blame them.

Hey what can I say to each his own, it's a free country.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Yep that post confirms your a pompous alright. For the record if anyone else has problems with a porsche company please share them as I would like to know before I spend my hard earned money.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with modifying your Porsche! One of the neatest things about Porsches is that they CAN be modified. I had a modified 911SC years ago that had an aftermarket turbo on it. It went from a 172hp 3.0 litre auto to a 270hp 3.0 rocket! One of the best driving 911s ever. Since it was originally a narrow-body 911SC it had the 915 5-speed tranny which was a great way of getting power out of it. What a sound! And those little blue flames coming out of the tailpipe when you'd let up on the gas when upshifting! Sadly, it ran up against 5th gear redline at 162mph so that was all she would do. (But oh, so stable!)

Mod away!

Dan

Quick Reply: Bad Evo motorsports experience