Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by humbug
Thanks Ben. Any recommendation for places for tire repair and/or replacement. I don't quite trust discount tire to handle this. I'm located in San Diego. I have not needed this yet but wanted to be prepared. I did pick up a plug kit just in case I'm stuck out in the middle of nowhere and I could do a temp. fix over just a can of sealant.
Costco has the new machines that fix Nitrogen from the atmosphere, and they put Nitrogen in all the tires they service. They might replace the regular compressed air in a tire with Nitrogen for a small fee.I have always had good service from them on my street cars, and am thinking about taking the Porsche wheels there to change the tires.

Re America's Tire: The problem I have with them is the constant turnover in management and other personnel. If you get a good person, he is not there the next time. The Lake Forest, CA store recently damaged a member's 993 rocker panel due to improper jacking. They made it good, but I was sorry I had recommended them.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:23 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCBen
Yes, Krypton (Kr, atomic number 36) is an inert gas that is rare indeed. Kryptonite, however, the element you would need to keep Kent at bay, is even rarer.
Green, Blue, Red and White Kryptonite were used variously in the books.

But it's working, no one named Kent has showed up and asked for the keys.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:24 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete Lech
Costco has the new machines that fix Nitrogen from the atmosphere, and they put Nitrogen in all the tires they service. They might replace the regular compressed air in a tire with Nitrogen for a small fee.I have always had good service from them on my street cars, and am thinking about taking the Porsche wheels there to change the tires.

Re America's Tire: The problem I have with them is the constant turnover in management and other personnel. If you get a good person, he is not there the next time. The Lake Forest, CA store recently damaged a member's 993 rocker panel due to improper jacking. They made it good, but I was sorry I had recommended them.
I've always had good service from Tire Rack
Old 04-17-2006, 02:51 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete Lech
Costco has the new machines that fix Nitrogen from the atmosphere, and they put Nitrogen in all the tires they service.
The Costco machines output only 95% nitrogen, my air compressor outputs ~78%...

Quick Reply: Nitrogen for tires?