Sponsored by:

Tubi Style Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 04:02 AM
royalpar1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Tubi Style Exhaust

I have a 06 c2, brought it to champion for service, i have 13k miles since my August 31 Delivery. Aside from the standard stuff, I thought I would go for some Mod, I purchased the Tubi Exaust. OMG, aside from the car being MUCH quicker at low speeds, the sound is awesome. I have fallen in Love again!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:18 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome... could we get additional information...
How much did it cost and did you buy direct from Tubi?
Did you keep the same exhaust tip outlets on the basic 997?
Did you compare the sound against the PSE?
Quality built?
How’s the warranty?
Exchange policy?
Old 04-13-2006, 11:35 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by royalpar1
I have a 06 c2, brought it to champion for service, i have 13k miles since my August 31 Delivery. Aside from the standard stuff, I thought I would go for some Mod, I purchased the Tubi Exaust. OMG, aside from the car being MUCH quicker at low speeds, the sound is awesome. I have fallen in Love again!
Re "much quicker at low speeds": Butt dyno's lie. Less weight and fuller exhaust note would be nice.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

mcoupe started a thread re:Tubi and we never got word if it was installed.

More on Tubi:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...highlight=tubi
Old 04-13-2006, 09:24 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

Have it on my m5 one word AWSOM!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:43 PM
spar10
Instructor

funny you're posting this thread today. last night i took my neighbor to pick up his maserati from the dealer. aside from having a great race back to the city on the highway, the sound of his tubi exhaust system was absolutely amazing. i called the dealer about it and he said tubi will actually result in a *loss* in power. he also said having the pse installed with the added bonus of an on/off switch would be about the same price (3.5k). is this what you've found with the tubi??

btw - i also question how compatible it would be with the porsche engine. it seems like the tubi system lends itself perfectly to the italian engines but i question how it would work with our porsches. thoughts on this?
Old 04-14-2006, 02:03 AM
synergy
Rennlist Member

I just installed the AWE full setup on my 997S which includes cats, mufflers and headers. I did a ton of homework on this subject and found the AWE system to be best-in-class craftsmanship while delivering amazing soung and strong HP / TQ gains. I will post before and after dynos shortly.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:14 AM
royalpar1
Instructor

Ok, I will try to answer everyones questions
1. Installed at Champion Motors in Pompano Beach, 2495 completely installed.
2. Does NOT affect the Warrantee as Porsche is installing it.
3.I kept the same tips as I love the look of the C2 Tips and the Quad Tips only have the look but not 4 exhaust pipes going in.
4. I do not know about exchange policy? The Quality of the Tubi is perported one of the best in the world. They are used on the Ferrari and F1 racing. Champion won Lemans so they actually know alot about racing.
5.I am not talking about Dyno, I am talking about driving the car, a. The Car is much much much faster, and the low throaty growl is Awesome.
6. There is NO on off switch, it is on and I would NOT want it off. It is great great.
7. It is made for Porsche specifically this one, My next mod will be Tubi Headers.
8. From the research I have done the Tubi Quality is considered the best. But of course each person has their own bias. I love it and love the low throaty growl. I have fallen in love again and again each time I start her up

I hope this answers everyones questions. anyone is South Florida is welcome to come over and see the difference.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:58 AM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Let's remember everyone, Champion sells ONLY Tubi exhausts. As they are an importer for them. I would like to hear them say that they would warranty a Cargraphic, Manthey, Ruf , or some other exhausts.

I can answer that one for you.... NO WAY !!!!

Theo
Old 04-14-2006, 01:05 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

royalpar1,

Congratulations on your new mod. It's funny because just yesterday I went to Champion and ask about the tubi exhaust and the headers too. I even started a demo car they have with both mods installed. The sound is definitely much more agressive. And I trust the quality of both Champion and tubi. I may go and do it next Tuesday. But it's nice to hear your positive feedback. My only doubt would be if I should go with the AWE alternative...but I don't know anybody to install it in SFlorida
Old 04-14-2006, 09:12 PM
royalpar1
Instructor

Fer

If you speak to Louis over there and tell him Mitchell Lombard sent you in, he could show you a 997 with Tubi Exaust, Tubi Headers and a brand new Cold Air setup (cold air =3800.00), the guy also mapped the computor. He pulled off the Evo which he had on and put in the Cold Air with graphite, way cool. no pun. the sound was really sick. I do not know about the comparison between Tubi and Awe, but if Champion installs it and sells it, it does NOT void the warrantee. hellooo guys, this is the largest Porsche dealer in the world so they would not risk our warrantee. I was told today it added 11 hp to my c2. I know it sounds faster, I know it sounds incredible and it Certainly feels much faster without any lag at all.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:29 PM
wardo
Advanced

I am in Deerfield and would like to compare.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Rasta
Racer

Interesting. Would love to hear a clip. Could you also comment on price for the part, and total price installed. Many thanks. And congratulations.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:17 PM
royalpar1
Instructor

Default Tubi Exhaust

I am in Dania Beach where I work usually , I live in coral springs, you are welcome to come over and here her purr. I paid 2495.00 installed at Champion. I think it sounds great, I also feel it is much faster. I really do not care about the dyno as I am never going to track my car nor race it. I have this car for me as a daily driver and totally love it. I am now considering that in the next few months to put in the Tubi headers. More power and more sound. Yeah !
Old 04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Mitchell,

I finally did it!. Louis at Champion has been great. I tried several times the demo car they have with the tubi exhaust and headers (and aerokit and champion wheels...very nice) and the sound is just incredible. Tomorrow I am going to pick up the car...hopefully I'll be able to post some clips (even though I am not very proficient with technology) and impressions

Quick Reply: Tubi Style Exhaust