Sponsored by:

I'm standing at the alter...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm standing at the alter...

My new C2S Cab is ready to pick up tomorrow. The Wedding March is being played at full volume. Yet I've truly had a blast in the little Boxster loaner from the dealer over the last two days that I'm almost tempted to call the whole thing off and order a Boxster S to my spec and suck it up and wait until it's delivered.

Has my Gatorade been spiked??? Or did someone stop feeding me the Kool-Aid???
Old 04-10-2006, 11:18 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Boxster S is a fabulous machine. I should know, that's what I currently drive. But trust me, you won't regret your decision for one second. You were on your way to the C2S cab at some point in your life, so why delay the inevitable. It's faster, more livable, extremely tossable - if perhaps slightly (and I mean slightly) less so than the Boxster S - and better in every other conceivable way. Go pick up your new bride and prepare for at least 3 solid years of matrimonial bliss! BTW, I get my Carrera in June. My divorce with the Boxster S will be painful, but I think I'll survive.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have both and I must say you pose a tough question. The Boxster is much more tossable IMHO and in many ways it is more fun to drive. However, the 911 is easier to live with and the extra power is very nice.

I personally think the Boxster is a better convertable than the Carrera (I prefer the 911 as a coupe) but I know others will disagree.

My advise, drive both again and re-decide for yourself.

Good luck!!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:50 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ohhhhh, you meant altar. I thought you were going somewhere else with this thread when I first clicked on it.

Hey congratulations! May it be a long term commitment!
Old 04-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Default Consider the After-Market Possibilities!

Are you single? Then you should consider the aftermarket options that come with a 911... see picture. I doubt the Boxster offers the same excitement.

Last edited by Soulteacher; 02-11-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:23 AM
OCBen
Banned

WOW, Wolfgang! ... Who's the honey bunny in your cab? ... Wow, what a hottie!

Please tell us she's your steady gal, or at least your newest girlfriend - looks like a keeper to me!

Talk about love at first sight!
Old 04-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Please tell us she's your steady gal
We've been hanging out a few times so far. Friends for now. But I think I can definitely compete with Mr. Vancouver now... This picture is from earlier this night, actually. And one of these cool stories of life... we ran into my ex and her new guy (who stole my ex away from me), and both went into shock when they saw (a) my new car and (b) my female company. It was one of these perfect moments...
Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 AM
boolala
Race Car

If you think Porsche options cost a lot of money that particular one is a fortune.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:16 AM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Originally Posted by ds2k1
trust me, you won't regret your decision for one second. You were on your way to the C2S cab at some point in your life, so why delay the inevitable.
Le Chef,

While it is always refreshing to hear a Carrera owner admit the Boxster is a great car, I agree with ds2k1: you won't regret getting the Carrera S. While they are all Porsches and feel similar in normal driving, there was obviously something that drew you to the C2S cab. Was it the power, the style, the history, the prestige and status, the rear jump seats, the unique feel of a rear engine Carrera in the turns? Like women, there are an awful lot of beautiful choices out there and you can't keep wondering if one you didn't marry would have made a better partner. I look forward to your future posts telling us how much you love your new Carrera. Good luck and congratulations.

Alan
Old 04-11-2006, 10:09 AM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by Le Chef
I've truly had a blast in the little Boxster loaner from the dealer over the last two days that I'm almost tempted to call the whole thing off and order a Boxster S [edited]

Has my Gatorade been spiked??? Or did someone stop feeding me the Kool-Aid???
NO! You've been very perceptive. Boxster S is a fantastic and fun car . I have a both a 986S and the 997S. Only drawback is that the Boxster is a bit underpowered. If the Boxster had 355 (or more!) HP and a little more cabin room I'd maybe get rid of the 911; why? Because, like you, I realize driving it is suuuuuuuch a trip.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:39 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
We've been hanging out a few times so far. Friends for now. ... And one of these cool stories of life... we ran into my ex and her new guy (who stole my ex away from me), and both went into shock when they saw (a) my new car and (b) my female company. It was one of these perfect moments...
Ah yes, can we say "karma payback"? That must have been a sweet moment for you. I'm sure they thought you picked up the babe with your new babe magnet, as if your new friend would be that shallow. It's your personality that's magnetic, right?

Hey, I just thought of a good pickup line for you. You can ask a gal if she's ever wondered what it's llike to be eaten by a wolf. .. baroom pa!

Well, you're certainly on the right track with this one. You can tell she likes you by allowing you to take a memorable photo of her in your car.

If everything falls into place for you, you too might be standing at the altar someday soon.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

It's your personality that's magnetic, right?
Ha ha... no, Ben, I think I'm realistic enough... we have to attribute 80 percent to my car and lifestyle, 15 percent to the inherent attractiveness of my jobs (teaching and consulting), and the remainder to me! But that's okay... she'd not be in that car either if she were ugly.

If everything falls into place for you, you too might be standing at the altar someday soon.
Please, don't threaten me!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:04 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default If he's torn between an 997s and a boxter....

Doesnt that spell C-A-Y-M-A-N to a tee?

He can throw in better looks to the equation from the Boxter and change from his 997 buck as well...
Old 04-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Le Chef
My new C2S Cab is ready to pick up tomorrow.
So, LeUndecidedChef, what did you end up doing?
Old 04-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Car is in the garage

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
So, LeUndecidedChef, what did you end up doing?
Picked it (the C2S that is) up yesterday evening and just enjoyed the 17 mile drive home in it. Had to use the other car today as I had to carry people...

Notables on the new car:

PSE is something. I had it on my old 996 C4S and loved the "bark".

XPE thicker steering wheel is also great - feels really good in the hands

Adaptives - they fit me perfectly. Now I just have to go through endless fiddling to get the seat position just right.

Will take it out tomorrow and get the top down between the thunderstorms that are predicted.

Quick Reply: I'm standing at the alter...