Sponsored by:

Scosche iPod FM Tx install with Porsche Factory iPod holder

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:33 AM
sunlion
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scosche iPod FM Tx install with Porsche Factory iPod holder

I did this today. Pretty easy install. Hopefully my pics will load and I apologize for the poor focus. I'm not sure where th pics will be so I'll describe each step:
1) Remove passenger side footwell panel containing the 12V power supply. Use you finger to feel for the bolt just beneath the power outlet. Use a T30 star head attachment.

2)Unplug the wire harness. Unscrew the large plastic nut which fixes the power supply to the panel.

3) Separate the plastic threaded flange from the metal (I pried then apart with a flat head screwdriver.)

4) Reattach the palstic parts to the panel so that the factory look is maintained.

5) Insert the Scosche FM iPod transmitter into the metal power supply and reconnect the wire harness. Tuck this behind the stereo and replace the panel.

6) Thread the white wire which goes to the iPod along the left side of the glove box, attach to iPod and place iPod into PORSCHE FACTORY IPOD HOLDER as pictured.

7) Crank your tunes.

P.S. The power supplies are not switched so they draw power all the time if something is attached.
Attached Images       

Quick Reply: Scosche iPod FM Tx install with Porsche Factory iPod holder