Sponsored by:

"etiquette" question related to car transport

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:57 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyNarcosis
If the schedule is normal turn and on time or early, the car is taken care off, and they appear professional and clean, then I tip a C note... I've done that twice. When the Z06 was shipped in from Minnesota in January the drivers had done a straight drive from the dealer to my house in 36 hours, so they got a MUCH bigger tip.

I like the idea of a gift card, too. It indicates that you went out of your way to purchase something for them. I like that.
I'm with Johnny Narcotics here. Unless you feel otherwise this is a hard-working stiff who has a family to support. I have shipped cars and I've tipped a C-note (if it arrives safely) without question.

It's not about proving P-car Guys aren't dicks (OK, some are) it's about respect.

But I know better than to spend your money, just telling you what I've done in a similar situation. In fact, my car was only from Springfield.

I'm not really a heavy tipper in general. I usually stick to reasonible guidelines. I just respect guys/gals who do a good job for me.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:37 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

I recently tipped $50 for delivery of an F-car.(this is what dealer recommended) The guy was great. I had his cell and he told me I could call anytime when he was on route. He even went out of his way a bit to ensure mine was the first car on(so that it wasn't being taken off and on everytime he stops) and he delivered earlier then expected. It's like service in a restaurant, if it's good then they should be rewarded accordingly. $50 is plenty for good service. It was Horseless Carriage BTW.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:44 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't be Mr Pink---tip the guy if he is cool throughout the delivery process.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:39 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by K964
Don't be Mr Pink---tip the guy if he is cool throughout the delivery process.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, another Resevoir Dogs maniac.

I mean, I'll tip if like she keeps fillin my cup for six hours or somethin. I mean, do you tip the ******* at McDonalds?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:43 AM
spar10
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone for the GREAT feedback. the driver did a great job, was a pleasure to deal with and even had a smile on his face despite dealing with crappy chicago traffic. gave him a cash tip, he was extremely appreciative and i'll be happy to call him again for a future delivery.

btw - my 997 was in good company during it's trip. a bentley coupe sat in front and a gorgeous show car '57 chevy was downstairs. not a bad way to travel!

Quick Reply: "etiquette" question related to car transport