Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera S Wheel (Pic)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 10:25 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would never consider any other wheel (Lobsters). I purchased my 997C2 with three options (lobster wheel upgrade with painted center crest and short shifter). I LOVE MY UNIQUE LOBSTER WHEELS!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvazquez
I LOVE MY UNIQUE LOBSTER WHEELS!!!
Makes me happy and I would buy you a drink and toast the wheels.

Now for the apology: I can't get my mind around why those wheels are thought by designers to be "perfect" for the car.

Seems like they got to the eleventh hour, couldn't decide wether to use the wheels on the Cayenne or the 997S, and just had to flip a coin which resulted in them being attached to the 997S. I don't want to start a flame thing, just saying I've been perplexed and I remain perplexed... .
Old 04-07-2006, 11:01 AM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have decided to like them; at least for a little while.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:15 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Well, I am not a designer but the balance of the lobster wheels against the sexy curves of the P-car is just for a lack of a better word, PERFECT!

The designer of the lobster wheel should receive a promotion! hahaha

Of course this is my opinion and choice, but I feel that the design of the wheel justifies the 977S perfectly. The combination is a perfect balance of taste in design and evolution.

I am not trying to justify my view, but would like to share my opinion based on my decision:

-Design style and balance (total package… eye candy)
-Lighter wheel (function)
-Better cooling dynamics (function)

During my decision phase, I spent 3 minutes with the wheel configuration software on the Porsche website and hands down, it was the lobsters that attracted me the most.

Like everything else, it was a personal choice I have no regrets.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvazquez
Well, I am not a designer but the balance of the lobster wheels against the sexy curves of the P-car is just for a lack of a better word, PERFECT!
I respect what you're saying. I agree 100% It IS a good looking wheel.

What I have a problem with is I can't see where the specific design elements of the S wheel reflect back on the car in general. Stout spokes, chevron-esque cut outs near bolts, and the "forks" don't let me tie any of it back to the car visually.

The Carrera Classic wheel option fits the car exactly and both ten spoke versions (sorry can't recall the option names/codes) are easy to connect to the flowing, continuous graceful (non- perforated ) rest of the car body.

Crazy I know... .
Old 04-07-2006, 12:09 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Understand... for me it just feels right thank God. hahaha

The reflection cues of the wheel... I see them in the side mirrors, rear spoiler, front spoiler, tail pipes, and the subtle aero design below the entire body (bulging round design at the end of each body panel. Additionally, the inside air vents, cup holders, and instrument panel. For me the wheels and body provide a direct reflection of the entire visual package. I can tell you this, that from my office window I have an excellent view of my P-car while working and I can't keep my eyes off the car, even while typing this response (I am freaking out here). hehehe

Finally, I have not grown tired of the same view these past 6 months of ownership. Again, I can't keep my eyes off the P-car, especially the wheels... Just call me crazy! hahaha

Ooh-Rah... take care and have a super weekend!!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:26 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
I respect what you're saying. I agree 100% It IS a good looking wheel.

What I have a problem with is I can't see where the specific design elements of the S wheel reflect back on the car in general. Stout spokes, chevron-esque cut outs near bolts, and the "forks" don't let me tie any of it back to the car visually.

The Carrera Classic wheel option fits the car exactly and both ten spoke versions (sorry can't recall the option names/codes) are easy to connect to the flowing, continuous graceful (non- perforated ) rest of the car body.

Crazy I know... .
No, it's not crazy, just subjective. I find the Sport Design wheels blingy and my experience is that they pull the eye away from the car. The 5 spokers are bland and too open for my taste. The oversize wheels are unnecessarily heavy and wide for me. The lobster claws are a little busy from the side but in any other view blend into the lines of the car. They are the lightest, albeit by a lb or so and do not cost extra. This wheel choice was a conscious decision on my part based on the above. When others say they like them, there is no need to further analyze that statement. You pays your money.......thanks, Gerry
Old 04-07-2006, 01:43 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gpjli2
No, it's not crazy, just subjective. ...When others say they like them, there is no need to further analyze that statement.
Well said.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by zumaron
Coochas - these wheels are screaming your name!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT
Gag!

Besides, Coochas has a 4s, so the rears need to be 305's. Not that it really matters with these since the rears are pretty worn.

Quick Reply: Carrera S Wheel (Pic)