Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painted Model Desig. Rear Lid ("CUC")

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uzj is it just me, or did one of the guys setting up the display fumble the '9' in the '911' on the wall?

and personally I agree, I would go with eric on this one just because he's so much cheaper - if you decide you like the silver after the car is delivered you can keep it, or you can go with a slightly different colour - or go with a past colour, so say, you could have a black car and a meteor grey designation, which would pop it out a little bit, but still flow with the rest of the paint.
if you're having trouble understanding what I mean, look at the white wall behind the 40th anniversary 911, and see how the '911 anniversary' text is slightly raised and a very slightly different colour....
Old 04-05-2006, 02:08 AM
USCHANDPOD
Racer

Originally Posted by ame546
Edgy your car looks awesome. Looks like you bought every possible available option! Can't wait to see pics of your car
No he did not get the leather radio antenna.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

you can GET the antenna in leather? I should go back and reread that guide....

Dan
Old 04-05-2006, 02:29 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

thought it was suede?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:25 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
uzj is it just me, or did one of the guys setting up the display fumble the '9' in the '911' on the wall?

and personally I agree, I would go with eric on this one just because he's so much cheaper - if you decide you like the silver after the car is delivered you can keep it, or you can go with a slightly different colour - or go with a past colour, so say, you could have a black car and a meteor grey designation, which would pop it out a little bit, but still flow with the rest of the paint.
if you're having trouble understanding what I mean, look at the white wall behind the 40th anniversary 911, and see how the '911 anniversary' text is slightly raised and a very slightly different colour....
The "9" is larger, that's for sure. As to the lighting, it may be (probably is) due to the angle of the shot and the camera I used. Looking at that picture, reminds me of just how much I like the LA Auto Show--Porsche has it's own room at the LA convention center.

Maybe Eric can make magnetic emblems, so that you could have several colors to pick and choose from? A different color for each day of the week.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:42 AM
CButler
Instructor

Default Thank you all for your insight.

I appreciate all the responses. Survey Says!!! --- No black rear emblem ("DING")
Old 04-13-2006, 04:02 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by uzj100
The "9" is larger, that's for sure. As to the lighting, it may be (probably is) due to the angle of the shot and the camera I used. Looking at that picture, reminds me of just how much I like the LA Auto Show--Porsche has it's own room at the LA convention center.

Maybe Eric can make magnetic emblems, so that you could have several colors to pick and choose from? A different color for each day of the week.
haha good idea!

Quick Reply: Painted Model Desig. Rear Lid ("CUC")