Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Care of a Leased Car: Am I a fool or what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:14 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I am leasing my 996 but I treat it like I already own it. I don't know if I will buy it a lease end or not, but as long as it is in my garage, it will be well cared for!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
humbug
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all, I decided to get the clear bra with Premier this weekend during their San Diego tour. I've read nothing but wonderful things about their service and skills...I'll keep you posted. Once again this forum has been extremely helpful from the start with the configuration of my first Porsche, where to get the best deal for accessories ie clear side markers to car maintainence tips. Long live Rennlist and Porsche and good health and driving to all its owners. My graditude!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad I'm not the only one here who feels that just because it belongs to someone else it is not OK, to abuse or neglect it!
My car or a rental car, I treat them the same way. It's a matter of respect for someone else's property. Take care of it, you will feel better about yourself and your driving experience!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leased a BMW 330i a few years back and treated that car like it was made out of gold. I didn't intend to buy it off lease, but I take great pride in "my" car, regardless of who technically owns it. I currently own my Boxster S, but I don't treat it any better than I did my 330i. I'm leasing the 997 I have on order, but still, it will be treated as well as a car can be treated. That one, however, I just might buy off lease. If leasing a car caused me to care any less about it, I wouldn't lease it.

Quick Reply: Care of a Leased Car: Am I a fool or what?