Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door ding repair in OC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:16 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well the good news is that solid black is by far the easiest color to match and blend. Basalt Black is not as easy. It should look fine really.

Take it to a quality shop. I wouldn't recommend Sterling myself, but if you know of other p-cars that have been worked there and have seen them and are happy with the work, go with them. Sterling I believe works on a large variety of cars which obviously have varying degrees of paintwork quality, depending on the manufacturer. Autobahn Autobody specializes in high end cars and they're used to exacting demands on quality.

But good luck with whomever you choose.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its tough Sterling did my rocker panel after the dealer did their handy work. They had nothing but BMW Porsche and Bentley when I was there. The pdr guy recommended Spectrum in Lake Forest but I have not seen their facility yet. Sterling did have a good looking shop. I don't believe anyone can match the factory for durability. They all claim to. Repaint may look good at first but it never seems to last the test of time the same as the factory paint. Not just fading but the also chip easier.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigwave
... I don't believe anyone can match the factory for durability. They all claim to. Repaint may look good at first but it never seems to last the test of time the same as the factory paint. Not just fading but the also chip easier.

Don't forget that our cars are usually not daily drivers, and are garaged. That goes a long way to minimize the effects of the sun and climate on the paint. In your case, the area is probably away from the main rock chip zone, and black is the easiest to match, colorwise, and it doesn't have the shadow effects like the metallics.

Quick Reply: Door ding repair in OC