Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car 'fluttering' today

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:30 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

PSM was not a factor in either of my two experiences.

Originally Posted by Bullet
Interesting. . .

I've become convinved that it's a glitch in the electronic throttle programming, and I thought it was related to spor chrono because one other post reported that it went away after toggling into and out of sport mode. The same thing happened to me when toggling into and out of sport but also doing the same thing with PSM at the same time.

Clearly, this (assuming we're all talking about the same problem - it has been pretty well described) is not related to sport chrono by itself.

Were any of you turining PSM on or of around the time that this happened? As you know, PSM can control the electronic throttle.

-B
Old 05-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Driveby
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullet
Interesting. . .

I've become convinved that it's a glitch in the electronic throttle programming, and I thought it was related to spor chrono because one other post reported that it went away after toggling into and out of sport mode. The same thing happened to me when toggling into and out of sport but also doing the same thing with PSM at the same time.

Clearly, this (assuming we're all talking about the same problem - it has been pretty well described) is not related to sport chrono by itself.

Were any of you turining PSM on or of around the time that this happened? As you know, PSM can control the electronic throttle.

-B
I did have PASM in Sport Mode and that was it. My symptoms match exactly to the 'fluttering' specified in this thread and the others I have read.

Hope we can correlate this soon.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:58 PM
xeron
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a new 07 C2S with sport chrono and I've been experiencing yhe hesitation when I accelerate through 3200-3800 rpms on 1/2 - 3/4 throttle. Pissing me off. Has anybody heard anything new on this?

George
Old 07-02-2007, 09:23 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happened once around 1000 miles (I think).

Now with 8000 miles and 10 track days. No problems.

I think the majority of problems happened only once or twice and subsequently resolved. If yours is constant, take it to the dealer and have the service manager ride with you.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:40 PM
JimG
Instructor

I have an 06 C2S and this has happened 3 times in 3000 miles. Each time was when the car had about 100 miles of gas left. The last time I pulled off the highway and turned off the ignition then reseated the gas cap. If it happens again I will just try the gas cap without killing the ignition first. There might be a clogged vent to the gas tank causing a vacuum.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 PM
nomo16
AutoX

Just happened to me last night. It didn't happen this morning, but I dropped it at the dealer anyway. They still have not been able to diagnose anything, but I sent then this thread as a reference. Again strange... no check engine light, 3/4 tank of gas, in sport mode, identical symptons as the others throughout this thread.

We will see.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

What we seem to be learning here is that Sports Chrono is not a factor, nor is fuel level or condition. I tend to believe the yo-yo'ng is software related to the electronic throttle. In time Porsche will slip in a s/w fix and we won't even know about it.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mine is still perfect - 19 months after gas pedal assembly repacement.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Tone
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only happened to me once at 600mi.
Tank was less than 1/4 and after a day of spirited driving.
It hasn't happened again and now approaching 10K mi.

If it happens more than once, I recommend getting it documented/looked at by the dealer (even if they can't replicate the problem).
Old 09-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 118 Posts

I had the same thing happen with my '06 just after the break in period. It was very similar to discribed. Service found no faults and I've not had the problem since - now 27K on the clock...

Interesting how many have experienced this though..

Matt
Old 09-23-2008, 02:52 PM
pbarch1
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It happened again to me last Saturday. Having gone through this Rodeo before I didn't panic. Got to my destination and just let the car sit for about 2 hours. Started it back up and no more problems. Funniest thing. The last time it happened I was 100 miles from home and this time it was almost in the same spot on the freeway. IT was after driving pretty hard for over a hour and then driving easy.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Tone
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pbarch1
It happened again to me last Saturday. Having gone through this Rodeo before I didn't panic. Got to my destination and just let the car sit for about 2 hours. Started it back up and no more problems. Funniest thing. The last time it happened I was 100 miles from home and this time it was almost in the same spot on the freeway. IT was after driving pretty hard for over a hour and then driving easy.
Interesting....same here....my one occurrence was after aggressive driving earlier through some Napa winding hills, but the stuttering happened on easy driving on the highway about 10 miles from my house.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM
pbarch1
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Humm, I've wondered if it wasn't a fuel pressure issue before. This makes me think that it really is. Part of the issue might also have to do with altitude change. from the central valley here on one tank of fuel over the grapevine into the LA area. That would explain why it can not be reproduced in the garage. I wonder.....
Old 09-28-2008, 03:26 AM
etmorcus
Advanced

I had the same problem when my car was new. Get Porsche involved. The dealers rarely see it, but it is scary and unsafe when it happens. It has something to do with the throttle plate drive by wire system. It is correctable.
Good luck!

Quick Reply: Car 'fluttering' today