Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cab vs Coupe..I must decide, NOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006 | 01:26 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by USCHANDPOD
I am surprised that with 5 pages of responses it looks like no one mentioned safety. I realize that maybe a 997 is not the safest car either way. But... I do live in SoCal and I do like the CAB but I went with the coupe primarily for safety. The visibility is greater out the rear side windows and the blindspots are less.

It is not based on any hard facts (that I have access to) but in a roll I cannot imagine that the coupe would not be the safer of the two. I frequently drive my two and four year old in the backseat and I am comforted that there is a roof (a hard roof) over their head. For long trips we take the 6,000 lb SUV/Tank.

I know this will upset true cab loyalists but I do get a nice flow of air with the windows down and the sunroof open. It is not a cab but it is refreshing.

By the way I just can't help but think how great it is to have this dilemma. Great machine with a roof or without... Awesome problem to have. Life could be worse. You will enjoy either way.
the new 997 cab is perhaps the safest in the world with pop up roll over bars and head airbags...visablity with the cab is very good, esp with the top down....i remember seeing a video of a driver on the track flipping a previous generation mb sl500 at 150mph and walking away from the accident with out a scratch!!!!i used to ride motorcycles and ride by bicycle on roads up to 10,ooo miles a year...the cab will be a big
improvement
Old 03-27-2006 | 01:31 PM
996 Jammy
Instructor

Have a cab w/ hardtop...best of both worlds...you wont regret it!
Old 03-27-2006 | 02:37 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Yes, and when the aliens attack, they'll probably eat the ones in Cabs first since they're easier pickings.

BTW, Icon, that's the same "fresh face" from a previous avitar but with a little different war paint, isn't it?
Old 03-27-2006 | 03:08 PM
fluid15

Originally Posted by ronmart
Sweet! Then this picture should seal the deal. I discovered this picture last night in my most recent batch of pictures I took but haven't examined closely yet.
Ronmart - that shot is absolutely STUNNING! In addition to the natural beauty of the car, it's obvious you put some work into the detail job - very nice!

Quick Reply: Cab vs Coupe..I must decide, NOW!!!!