Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light back on

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006 | 07:10 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Default Check engine light back on

So, as I mentioned the check engine light came on 20 minutes after picking up my new 997S from the dealership last week. Drove it over the weekend and it went off once, but came back on. Took it in yesterday and they were kind of stumped. They said they communicated with Porsche as they never seen a car with so few miles have this happen. The service manager showed me a 2 inch thick stack of paper with all kinds of figures and what not. He said the O2 sensor was going crazy. But still, couldn't find a reason. He said at one point it showed that it was running rich, then running lean. So they changed some parameters and all seemed well.

Drove all day today (now almost 800 miles in less than a week) and at the end of the day, the light came back on. Called the dealer and they said they will let me know when the regional rep will be in so he can take a look at it.

Hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. Had issues with my E55, so i'm not even fazed anymore. Kind of sad that (not just cars) it seems the more you spend on things, the more issues you tend to have with them.
Old 03-22-2006 | 07:36 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Check Engine Light (CEL) came on after pulling away from a stop sign @ the 600 mile mark. Dealer tested and found fault P2189 System too lean at idle bank 2 -- replaced oxygen sensor.

More detail here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/255770-engine-diagnostic-light-on-tach.html
Old 03-22-2006 | 08:12 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

check your gas cap...if you didnt tighten it appropriately the light will come on

Quick Reply: Check engine light back on