Sponsored by:

997s x51 ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 04:20 AM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gpjli2
Quote: Excellence, Feb 06: in informal roll-on tests in 3rd and 4th gears... the x51 pulls away from the 997S slowly, but surely.
I have X51 on my car, and agree with the Excellence article that it sounds much better, and has a noticably different character than the regular engine. I don't agree with the article about it seeming only slightly faster. At WOT, that is probably true, but at part-throttle around town and up hills, I definitely noticed the difference.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:03 PM
drbf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RacerXTP, which ECU flash upgrade did you use. Do you have the ability to
revert back to the stock settings?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:08 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerXTP
OK I just took delivery of 997 S cab with following upgrades: Fabspeed headers and sport cats, Evoms intake box/filter, ECU flash upgrade. Cost about $5k. Sound is AWESOME, more torquey feel, noticeble power increase (dyno estimate is 25-40 HP depending on throttle), and I kept the OEM sport exhaust mufflers with bypass that allows me to switch sound on/off with the sport switch. Local Porsche specialty shop in LA installed in 8 hrs. Avoided hassle and cost of $20-25k rebuild from dealer. My 997 S is now a "MONSTER"!!!!

im want to hear more - dyno yet?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:04 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I could not swing the X-51, so I'll be going that aftermarket route like RacerXTP. I'm and very interest in what your car dynos at and what ECU flash you went with? I'm worried like a lot others here that the wrong combo will cause a lost in power. I'm going to do the same with the PSE and aftermarket header and high-flow cats. From AWE site the cats make the biggest gain in power, assume that fabspeed would be the same..
Old 03-28-2006, 12:49 AM
RacerXTP
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust and ECU Upgrade

Originally Posted by meaker
I could not swing the X-51, so I'll be going that aftermarket route like RacerXTP. I'm and very interest in what your car dynos at and what ECU flash you went with? I'm worried like a lot others here that the wrong combo will cause a lost in power. I'm going to do the same with the PSE and aftermarket header and high-flow cats. From AWE site the cats make the biggest gain in power, assume that fabspeed would be the same..
Went with GIAC flash upgrade, yes it is completely reversable, reinstallable, and invisible to dealer. Installer must make sure software code matches the regular or S, and either tip or manual. Planning on dyno soon, maybe this weekend. Combined with Evo intake and Fabspeed headers/cats my Tip S with the switchable Sport Exhaust option worked out very well with keeping the OEM muffler and 2nd bypass pipe, which I wanted to keep the switch option because its kind of cool to switch to quiet if you want. Even in quiet, its a bit louder, but with sport option selected, its a monster. At low revs it sounds like a diesel train, at high revs it has very loud roar. Watch out grandma!!

Quick Reply: 997s x51 ? ? ?