Sponsored by:

Newbie from Tampa S cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:01 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Newbie from Tampa S cab

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I live in the Tampa area (Apollo Beach) and my wife and I are getting ready to possibly order our new 911 S. Been to Reeves, Bert Smith (very nice people and my wife bought a Boxster S therein 2001) and might look at the dealer in Sarasota. So far we can not find a car with the options and color we want.

*Triple Black 4S Cab...would consider a 2S Cab also
*Bose and Nav
*standard power seats...I do not fit well in the Sport Adaptive seats...no I'm not fat either!
*Must be a Tiptronic as I have a prosthetic leg and can not shift anymore
*Sport Crono package and the sport exhaust

things we do not want are the wood dash panels and the super soft seat (tuffed) package or heated seats. Seems like alot of luxury packages are on the lots and not any carbon or aluminum sporty looking packages.

Anyway, it looks like we will have to order this car. No big deal because we are going to try and sell our balck BMW 740i 2003 w/ 25,075 miles that is in like new shape.

I am enjoying reading the forum and I'm sure I will ask some stupid questions.

see ya, Mike
Old 03-18-2006, 08:13 PM
ame546
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I found it to be hard to find the identical "one" you're looking. I'd go ahead and order it. I ordered a 06 c2s cab on Monday (Loeber Chicago-AWESOME DEALER, Andrew Smith is an Awesome Salesman) and got scheduled for an April build with delivery in mid-May. I got damn lucky with the build date, but you should definitely receive your car by mid to late June at the latest I think. For a 100K car I loved building it like it was my very own. There's something special about that.

Also since you're in Tampa, I wouldn't go for the c4s-c2s should be enough grip down there. But hey, if you want to spend 5k more for 4 wheel drive go for it. I'm sort of a hypocrite considering I spent 15K on my options. LOL
Old 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With a cab, you will forever be sorry you didn't get the heated seats..
Old 03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
mdrums
Race Director

I live in Florida... no need for heated seats. Although a lot of the cars on the lot had heated seats and the sales guy said they are for there customers up north.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:28 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
I live in Florida... no need for heated seats. Although a lot of the cars on the lot had heated seats and the sales guy said they are for there customers up north.
I have a winter home in Florida.. from October -March there are many nights that if you drop your top, you and the Misses will appreciate the tush warmers.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself.
WELCOME, Mike! You'll love the crowd here.

Unless you insist on buying from a Florida dealer, you could scour the Porsche dealer websites (porscheusa.com). It's somewhat tedious because you have to open each dealer's website, but maybe you will be able to find the one you love. There are a lot of cabs out there. In either case, enjoy and - again - welcome!
Old 03-19-2006, 01:56 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree-if you put in some time and check those web sites, i am pretty sure that you can find what you want, sooner and less expensive than ordering it. there are tons of cabs out there.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:03 AM
baboou
Instructor

Rather than search yourself, have the dealer do it. They can tell you in minutes if the car you want is available. Also, I agree with getting heated seats in a coupe or a cab. If you take longer trips the heated seats are like a gentle massage. Lastly, give the people at Suncoast a shot at making a deal. They're great to deal with - no affiliation.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

the real stumbling block, here, is the tiptronic option -
few cars leave the factory with it, so combined with other options, it makes it hard to find.
I would say order it for you
there's something about buying a porsche ordered for you by a salesman that's akin to buying an off the rack suit at the price of one that's been custom tailored.
Fact is, porsche allows you to make a very unique 7 very special car with their options. So go for it.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:50 AM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Default heated seats

I have lived in Florida all my life and have had my cab since last June. I strongly recommend the heated seats. you will use them more than you ever imaging right now.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:23 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I live in the Tampa area (Apollo Beach) and my wife and I are getting ready to possibly order our new 911 S. Been to Reeves, Bert Smith (very nice people and my wife bought a Boxster S therein 2001) and might look at the dealer in Sarasota. So far we can not find a car with the options and color we want.

*Triple Black 4S Cab...would consider a 2S Cab also
*Bose and Nav
*standard power seats...I do not fit well in the Sport Adaptive seats...no I'm not fat either!
*Must be a Tiptronic as I have a prosthetic leg and can not shift anymore
*Sport Crono package and the sport exhaust

things we do not want are the wood dash panels and the super soft seat (tuffed) package or heated seats. Seems like alot of luxury packages are on the lots and not any carbon or aluminum sporty looking packages.

Anyway, it looks like we will have to order this car. No big deal because we are going to try and sell our balck BMW 740i 2003 w/ 25,075 miles that is in like new shape.

I am enjoying reading the forum and I'm sure I will ask some stupid questions.

see ya, Mike
I did a quick "search" on the pre-owned section in the Porsche USA site. The reason I searched "used" is because you can look at the entire country to see what is available. I searched on C2S and then C4S for model years 2005 & 2006. If you do a search there, I recomment that you NOT specify the exterior color. For some reason when you do so, you don't get all of the cars available in that color. When the results come back, it is easy to look at the detail of the Black cars only.

I found only one triple black cab, but it did not have NAV. However, I did find 3 or 4 that had all of the options you listed, BUT I believe they all had Sand Beige interior, (a couple of them had Full Leather). BTW, for what it's worth, all of the cars I looked at had the Heated Seats option. The search process took only 5 to 6 minutes.

As mentioned earlier, the dealer could do a similar "search" on new car inventory at all dealerships to find what is available. Hope this helps!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:35 AM
wardo
Advanced

Yes I agree with the other posts....get the heated seats.
I have a Coupe and live in South Florida and I use them.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:23 AM
mdrums
Race Director

OK!!!! Heated seats it is! WOW! thanks for the reply's ;-)

I have no problem buying a car off the lot and never thought of it as special if it was ordered for me. Porsche could care less and probably does not know my name and they are building it for me. I am sure they all get built the same.

Yes finding a Tip C4S with all the sporty features and less of the luxury type of features is hard. I have to have a Tip because I lost my whole left leg a few years ago because I was run over while riding my motorcycle. therefore I can not press in a clutch. I test drove a C2S tip last Saturday and it was a lot of fun, shifted very quicky to my touch.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:43 AM
drbf
Pro

Heated seats a must, feels so good on the back after a long day a work. As stated, any dealer can search the USA for the car you want. Usually you can get a better deal if the car is on the lot! Best of luck on your search I know it's a lot of fun.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:51 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Top down +Tampa winters + heated seats =perfect
Jack
Tampa

Quick Reply: Newbie from Tampa S cab