Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What leather conditioning products do you use?
Sonus Leather Cleaner &/or Conditioner
2.94%
Connolly Hide Care
8.82%
Griots Garage Leather Care and/or Rejuvinator
0%
Mercedes Benz Leather Cleaner
2.94%
Zanio Z-10 Leather in a Bottle
23.53%
Meguiar's Gold Class
8.82%
Wolfgang Leather Care &/or Conditioner
2.94%
Lexol
44.12%
Mothers
0%
Porsche car care - leather conditioner
2.94%
Other
14.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Have you used Connolly Hide Care on your 997 Full Leather Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 09:59 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have you used Connolly Hide Care on your 997 Full Leather Interior?

I had a freind recommend the Connolly Hide Care Leather Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/colecakit.html), but I'm real picky about what I put on my leather. This seems like good stuff from a company that should be selling a good product, but has anyone here tried it?

I've tried the Sonus Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and it works okay, but doesn't smell especially good. It is actually a rebranded product from Leather Master that should be good for leather but I don’t have a long term history with it.

I also have used the Mercedes Benz Leather Cleaner which is made by Meguiar's but Meguiar's doesn't sell it separately (it isn’t the Gold Class crap). It has worked well on my Mercedes Napa Leather for the last 6 years, but it doesn’t have a cleaner that goes with it and I’m a little concerned about build up. In a pinch though, I’d keep using this one.

I’ve also seen Griots Garage Interior Cleaner and Leather Care in action at their headquarters this past weekend and it looks to be decent enough, but their lack of disclosure about what is in their products concerns me a bit.

The full-leather quality in my 911 is awesome and I want to keep it that way, especially since the cab will get more sun than my other cars. I’m looking for help from fellow Rennlisters about what you use.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 279 Posts

I've used soffener from colorplus.com, and spinneybeck leather condition from LeatherZ.com both with good results. Not a Lexol fan.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hide Food

DO NOT USE THE HIDE FOOD! It smells like kerosene!

Go and try Zaino Z-10.

Clean with Woolite 6 to 1 (6 parts water 1 part Woolite) then treat.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 03-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was recommended on petes boxster board and I have found it to be excellent. its called leatherique. they have a leather cleanser and the oil. I use the oil; i didn't seem to need the cleanser. I used this on my 03 and both seats looked brand new after 15k miles. no cracking, pantena or worn off color
So that's another suggestion to ponder

http://www.leatherique.com/

Quick Reply: Have you used Connolly Hide Care on your 997 Full Leather Interior?