Sponsored by:

Lots of Chicago people here

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:52 AM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
I'm having a K-40 Calibre put in tomorrow. I own two recent Passports, one red and one blue and I have an older Valentine that I could have upgraded.

But I like the idea of no cords or boxes, and I'm gonna really really try to keep this one for a while so I want it Nice.
Let us know what you think of the K-40 once it is installed and used. BTW who is doing the installation and, if you don't mind my asking, how much is the system? Are you getting the front and rear lazer diffuser as well?

I may get just the K-40 Calibre front and rear radar detector w/o the lazer diffuser since I don't use a front plate for it to attach to.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:21 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icruze
Let us know what you think of the K-40 once it is installed and used. BTW who is doing the installation and, if you don't mind my asking, how much is the system? Are you getting the front and rear lazer diffuser as well?

I may get just the K-40 Calibre front and rear radar detector w/o the lazer diffuser since I don't use a front plate for it to attach to.
A store near my house in Orland Park called Mobile Sound. Got it from the website for K 40

It's there right now. I went with the laser diffusers but I'm not sure how well they'll do. As another here noted however anything is better than a court appearence. The front will be mounted in the central opening for the 3rd radiator. Though as I mentioned previously they usually aim for the headlight since it's quite reflective.

It's gonna be about $1800 total. I'm mounting the led's on the base of the A-pillar, out of the way but easy to see without taking my eyes off the road. I don't like holes in the dash either.

I'll let you know...
Old 04-07-2006, 12:15 AM
spar10
Instructor

Originally Posted by Le Chef
How many of your cars have I seen recently?

I keep seeing an almost identical C2S in Seal Gray. I've seen a black C2S with ceramics. I've seen a Midnight Blue C4 with Sand Beige interior, a C2 Cab in Artic Silver with black interior.

Anyone want to own up as the owner of one of the above?

i'll stake claim to the c2 artic silver/black cab.

another thread talks about a tradition of porsche drivers flashing the lights to acknowledge each other. any chicago guys do this?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default C2 Cab

Originally Posted by spar10

another thread talks about a tradition of porsche drivers flashing the lights to acknowledge each other. any chicago guys do this?
If it's your C2 Cab I see in the parking garage at Illinois 3 then I give it a waive everyday. As I should, as it finally convinced me to order my new car which I'm picking up next week from the dealer.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:48 PM
spar10
Instructor

Originally Posted by Le Chef
If it's your C2 Cab I see in the parking garage at Illinois 3 then I give it a waive everyday. As I should, as it finally convinced me to order my new car which I'm picking up next week from the dealer.
not me - surprised there's another arctic silver c2 cab in the city... hmmm...

what's the new car???
Old 04-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default C2S Cab

not me - surprised there's another arctic silver c2 cab in the city... hmmm... (This one was bought at Loeber)

what's the new car???
C2S Cab Seal Gray/Black, Adaptives, PSE, Sport Chrono, etc.

Clear bra goes on today. Drop my current car off tomorrow for them to transfer pedals, V1 wiring, clear sidets etc. and pick up Cab on Tuesday
Old 04-07-2006, 05:01 PM
spar10
Instructor

niceeeee! got my new one on wednesday and was playing around with the chrono. it'll be great to work on my stop light to stop light speeds!

congrats on your new baby! hope someone steps up and organizes a chicago get together, would be fun.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:23 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Default flasher? absolutely!

Absolutely, Spar. I can't always flash the Boxsters though; there's too many of them in the western 'burbs...

Then again, if I could actually spend a few days at home, I could drive the C4S. I'm on my way back from Salzburg (this message brought to you from 36,000 ft, just south of Godthab, Greenland - via Lufthansa WiFi!) - back home tonight, out to Dallas tomorrow for a freaking week... this job is kicking my butt.

I'd love to join in the "Air and Water Show", anytime after the middle of May.

-don
Old 04-07-2006, 05:30 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Well, Chgo guys I just joined Autobahn CC in Joliet. I can bring guests at $150 each for the day.

If a few or more are interested, perhaps we can set up an "event" at the track. It definately will give you a chance to wring it out. In fact, since we all recently bought our cars, maybe I can contact the regional Porsche Guy and get some sponsership of some sort.

If interested, send me a private email with a contact number.

Quick Reply: Lots of Chicago people here