Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of Chicago people here

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:34 PM
HenryM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the drive North on Sheridan as well. I know it's just a putt-putt drive but we usually stop at Convito Italiano in Wilmette and have something to eat.

My car comes out of storage next Friday and goes to the "free" service inspection at Loeber on Saturday. So I'll be ready to roll if anyone wants to organize a meet anytime thereafter.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tracking your car

[QUOTE=allegretto]
Originally Posted by Le Chef
I'm considering joining the racers Country Club near Joliet this year. Anyone here a member?
If you want a better deal contact Shawn Young who was a sales guy at Exchange but now runs "PDI" which arranges track days at Autobahn down in Joliet. I've done it and it's a really 1st class track and the arrangements, instruction etc are really terrific.

Contact Shawn at PDI shawn@performancedriversinc.com 630 205-0055.

He has a track day arranged for this Saturday (sadly I can't go) but it is really a lot of fun.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:19 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Autobahn, that's it! That's the name of the Country Club. You can join and go out almost anytime you like. I understand it has become very popular and there are only a few memberships left.

Members can run anything from street cars to full race. One guy apparently has an open wheel Ferrari from the 90's that he regularly runs.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:29 AM
icruze
Racer

Originally Posted by allegretto
And icruze, I assume you are familiar with the Maple Lake Run and Flavin Rd.? I live in Orland.
I know that strip very well. Fun to take the curves at speed.

Le Chef do you have any more info on PDI (cost, #of cars allowed, amount of track time etc.)?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Call Shawn!

Originally Posted by icruze
Le Chef do you have any more info on PDI (cost, #of cars allowed, amount of track time etc.)?
I would contact Shawn at the number/email above, or go to the PDI website. I know he is offering a number of combinations of single and multiple track days. Unfortunately I don't have details on this computer of pricing.

Give him a yell.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:26 AM
spar10
Instructor

i'm in the city and there's nothing more relaxing than taking her out on lake shore dr. south to the museum and north to hollywood. not a drive for speed but a beautiful drive. you can usually open it up a little once you get south of soldier field if you are looking for a little more wind noise.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Beware south of Soldier Field!

Originally Posted by spar10
i'm in the city and there's nothing more relaxing than taking her out on lake shore dr. south to the museum and north to hollywood. not a drive for speed but a beautiful drive. you can usually open it up a little once you get south of soldier field if you are looking for a little more wind noise.
Once you get south of McCormick Place on South Lake Shore Drive you will often find cops lurking under the bridges and they LOVE drivers in expensive furrin sports cars...
Old 03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
waiting for PDK
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

LeChef,

Having commuted to Hyde Park for 2 years from the north side, I can vouch for that (though my VW was hardly an "expensive furrin sports car" I still managed to contribue to the city's coffers).
Old 03-27-2006, 03:10 PM
spar10
Instructor

i think we should push for one free night this summer. on that night we could treat l.s.d. like the autobahn. it's really the only convenient close place to have a nice drive for those of us in the city.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:37 PM
jdk1
Instructor

I live downtown as well. The traffic in and out of the city is tough. I crave the back roads on the way to Lake Geneva !
Old 03-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

How many of your cars have I seen recently?

I keep seeing an almost identical C2S in Seal Gray. I've seen a black C2S with ceramics. I've seen a Midnight Blue C4 with Sand Beige interior, a C2 Cab in Artic Silver with black interior.

Anyone want to own up as the owner of one of the above?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:58 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You guys in the Chicago area are really small in number. Half the forum is from around here, the greater Los Angeles area.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:03 AM
icruze
Racer

There's actually only 3 of us and we just register various screen names
Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 AM
boolala
Race Car

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Once you get south of McCormick Place on South Lake Shore Drive you will often find cops lurking under the bridges and they LOVE drivers in expensive furrin sports cars...

I used to work at Michael Reese Hospital at 31st and almost got caught just S of McCormick place. I saw him at the last minute and took my foot off the accelerator instead of tipping myself off by braking. He flashed his lights for a few seconds like he was coming after me then had second thoughts.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:29 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by boolala
I used to work at Michael Reese Hospital at 31st and almost got caught just S of McCormick place. I saw him at the last minute and took my foot off the accelerator instead of tipping myself off by braking. He flashed his lights for a few seconds like he was coming after me then had second thoughts.
I think that's Chicago Radar Cop for "slow down sucker, I could have toasted you". I've seen that several times...

Actually I have a couple of Chicago's Finest Picture Takers as patients now and they seem to feel that if I tell them who my "friends" are it's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

i 'm not eager to find out though.

I'm having a K-40 Calibre put in tomorrow. I own two recent Passports, one red and one blue and I have an older Valentine that I could have upgraded.

But I like the idea of no cords or boxes, and I'm gonna really really try to keep this one for a while so I want it Nice.

Quick Reply: Lots of Chicago people here