Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have a VIN and I hear it's on the water!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006 | 12:24 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Default Have a VIN and I hear it's on the water!!

Just got an e-mail from my salesguy and he gave me the VIN for my car and said it might hit the Baltimore port in a few days. Anyway I can track progress by having the VIN. I know some guys on the AMG boards were able to track progress w/ the VIN.
Old 03-06-2006 | 12:57 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Just got an e-mail from my salesguy and he gave me the VIN for my car and said it might hit the Baltimore port in a few days. Anyway I can track progress by having the VIN. I know some guys on the AMG boards were able to track progress w/ the VIN.
None that I know of. I went online on the Port site and figured out the copmany that handled shipping for Porsche and received the ETA on the vessel for my car (2/1) Actually the Dealer ETA on the eDCS was more accurate on ETA by one day (1/31)as car arrived 1/31/06. Once the car hits Baltimore its"lost" until the truck hits your dealer. You can track a $30..00 package from FEDX or UPS to the nth degree, but your 100K pkg is in space. With the several P cars I have owned, no dealer has ever been able or really willing to track the car accurately once it arrives at the port.
Old 03-06-2006 | 02:25 PM
Legalkix
Instructor

I was told 7-10 from arrival to delivery... Mine arrived 2/28 and was delivered 3/3. Once its in port, start calling the dealer...they appear to have some modicum of control over the trucking schedules.
Old 03-06-2006 | 10:54 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default ONVESL

You lucky bastard! Congrads on your new toy on it's way..

I finally got news that I went PLPROD!! Thank God!

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: Have a VIN and I hear it's on the water!!