The Next Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 11:31 AM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Your doing it yourself ? You got to be crazy or very brave

I do wish you lots of luck on this one.

Last edited by MHC2S; 02-27-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:36 AM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coochas
My 4S lighted sills are on order to replace my S lighted sills that the car came with - I can't believe how many ill sills there are!!!! I know my car was made around Oktoberfest - I'm assuming that had something to do with it.
Coochas,
I'm glad we all figured it was a mistake on Porsches part with your door sills. Very happy to hear that new ones(correct ones) are on the way. Please post some pics when you get em on the car.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:06 PM
jfraser
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OC Ben,
I had a microfibre cloth in the car with me, so every minute or so I wiped the door top roll (my main concern was getting spotting)....The nanosecond after I stopped the car in my garage, I was wiping down the interior.....No spotting, staining etc. I was very pleasantly surprised at how resilient the leather is especially given that it is sand beige... the seat was fine, because the water was pouring on me...IT SUCKED!!! I mean how often does it even rain in SoCal....and the one time my window is stuck open....it really was the perfect ending to a thoroughly crappy day....
Old 02-28-2006, 12:57 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

From the description of the rain I thought you lived in Northern Cal. That must have been, what, 4 months ago?

It poured today, as you know, and unfortunately my daily driver crapped out on me and I had to drive the 911. The last (and only) time I had driven the 911 to work I was rudely greeted by a flying piece of plywood that set me back time and money.

I always keep 2 MF towels in the door compartment and so I was able to wipe off all the rain drops on any leather pieces. The odds were on my side today as I was able to make it safely home without any mishaps. But tomorrow will be a bigger test: driving to work in the rain in the dark. grrrrrr
Old 02-28-2006, 01:45 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OCBen
From the description of the rain I thought you lived in Northern Cal. That must have been, what, 4 months ago?

It poured today, as you know, and unfortunately my daily driver crapped out on me and I had to drive the 911. The last (and only) time I had driven the 911 to work I was rudely greeted by a flying piece of plywood that set me back time and money.

I always keep 2 MF towels in the door compartment and so I was able to wipe off all the rain drops on any leather pieces. The odds were on my side today as I was able to make it safely home without any mishaps. But tomorrow will be a bigger test: driving to work in the rain in the dark. grrrrrr
Ben,
I feel for you. Try to get your everyday ride back up and running asap!!!

Like yourself and some others, I donot drive my 997S every day. I have 6 cars in total and 3 of them I can drive daily. That way I have a backups in case the everyday test mule a 2000 Lincoln town car craps out. The Lincoln is great for going to NYC, I just play with the taxi drivers in that car and smile as I'm drivng over those NYC potholes. No way would I want to do that in my 997.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
Wow. Thanks for the heads up!!!!

Vancouver83LTD.... why more pix? Wiring these puppies to your LTD sills??
you bet, despite them being twice as wide and 1 1/2 as long

Originally Posted by gota911

Maybe he wants to turn them into fenders for his bicycle!
frankly it's a dirtjumper, not a touring bike
I don't live in holland, you know

I was just curious to see how it's set up. just my tinkering nature, I';m the type who'll get a new porsche and systematically take things off to just examine them and how they're put together

Quick Reply: The Next Project