Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get permaplate on interior & exterior?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:39 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get permaplate on interior & exterior?

Now before I get blasted out of the water by OCBen I did do a search and didnt find many opinions/thoughts on this topic. Somewhere someone in the waxing thread mentioned something about... about not having to wax your car again if you get it.

Anyone get this for their car?? I think it was a $1200 add on if you did both interior and exterior protection.

-Kurt
Old 02-25-2006, 11:01 PM
aaoun
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

if i remember correctly, ben might also have some opinions on this product itself

i think the general consensus is spend your $1,200 on a stripper and it'd be a more worthwhile investment.

m.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:54 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kauai_diver
Now before I get blasted out of the water by OCBen I did do a search and didnt find many opinions/thoughts on this topic. Somewhere someone in the waxing thread mentioned something about... about not having to wax your car again if you get it.

Anyone get this for their car?? I think it was a $1200 add on if you did both interior and exterior protection.

-Kurt
Hey I won't blast you out of the water for not doing a search on a seldom heard product by that name. But I will if you waste your money on something like that.

These products and claims are a sham. The only people who buy these products are the ones who wish there really is a product that would magically eliminate the need to wax your car ever again. And that's how they stay in business. Because there are many gullible people who detest having to wax their cars.

If you want to deprieve yourself of the pleasure of waxing, why not pay someone to do it for you? If you have your car waxed twice a year, as a minimum, you could get between 10 and 12 yrs worth of waxes for that $1200.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:14 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

permaplate is a scam. i have it on an old buick and i doubt it makes a difference. in fact, you need to reapply it every year so essentially, it's a wax of some sort.

i'd go with a zaino as it's long lasting. then use wax as you dry on washes.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:24 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maoun
i think the general consensus is spend your $1,200 on a stripper and it'd be a more worthwhile investment.
m.
Lol yah thanks you guys for the reality check.

$1200?? that must be one helluva stripper!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:10 AM
aaoun
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

i'll introduce ya.

hehe, j/k

Quick Reply: Anyone get permaplate on interior & exterior?